Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year and Butterly Love Taps!!!

Layla's new shirt a friend from work gave me! Very suiting for her as she will have a rude awakening that she is not the only child anymore, but will be a great big sister!! Can't wait to take a picture of her and the baby together with this shirt!

Wow it has been only almost 2 weeks since I have posted, but it feels like a month with all that has gone on! First, Happy New Year to you and yours! I hope that your new year is full of health, happiness, and much promise. The New Year is a time of reflecting on the year past, setting new goals and dreams for the new year and a time to have a fresh start! It is one holiday I love as it costs no money and it all about being with the ones you love and sharing new dreams. I know this New Year was a little different for us. Yes, it was different because we had a cozy night in filled with take out, sparkling cider and movies..but more importantly it was very different because Chris and I felt very blessed this holiday season and had a lot to reflect back on. We had the first half of the year (which was tough for us with the infertility) and the end of the year which has brought us so many new emotions and feelings of gratitude and a feeling of "bliss"! And with that, we had even more to dream about this upcoming year! We spent the night talking about how exciting 2011 is going to be and how memorable this past year was and how many new memories and firsts will happen in 2011. There was a new "magic" that surrounded this entire holiday season and the New Year not only rang in a new calendar year, but rang in a new sense of excitement and joy. So back to our NYE...very different from those of the past, but I would not have wanted to do anything else with anyone else. After all it was our last NYE as a family of 3 (can't leave Layla out!). We had a great time together and it will be one I remember forever. And as if NYE could not have gotten any better, we spent New Years Day in our PJ's with plenty of New Years food, football and naps! But that is not what made it better. At 5:43 pm on 1-1-11 I felt baby B move for the first time!!! And let me tell you, it did not disappoint in regards to the build up it had from friends! Chris said the excitement on my face was priceless. And I can only anticipate the look on his face when he can feel it. It felt like flutters and little love taps from our little miracle. It was as if he/she was saying, "Happy New Year! It is finally my birth year, yay!!" It was the coolest and most magical feeling. If my ever growing tummy, crazy mood swings or baby things starting to pile up in the future nursery did not make it feel real..this really did! I instantly thought, whoa there really is a living baby in there saying hi to his/her mom! I sat with anticipation for more love taps and Baby B did not disappoint! I felt him/her move about 3 more times and each time I was more excited than the last! Now all I want to do is sit around and wait for more love taps! So over all I would have to say this was the best New Year's which I can only hope is a glimpse for the upcoming new year.

I hope that you were able to spend New Years with loved ones and I hope that you too are enjoying a "fresh" start, but not forgetting the past. Happy New Years friends!!

**Post and pictures from the holidays to come next..too long to put all in 1

No comments:

Post a Comment