And for my other question...is it just me? But is it just me, or is everyone getting skinny these days?? I seem to ask many friends if they have lost weight because they look so good and skinny. And then it was pointed out to me, nope no one is getting smaller..you are just getting bigger. Does that mean when I start losing weight I will feel smaller? Ahhh pregnancy!
Thursday, January 20, 2011
So it is not just me...or is it just me?!
So this week I have gotten 4 comments in regards to "wow, you have really popped this week" from work. And God bless these women because they all followed with "you are so cute and you are all belly. You look great". Now, who knows what truth there is to that, but I will take it! Oh and not to mention one of my students so directly said, "Mrs. Brown your baby must be getting bigger because your belly is getting bigger". Oh the sweet innocence of a 1st grader. Although the comments I have gotten in regards to this baby from my students deserve a post themselves. They are quite funny! So I guess it is not just me, I have had a growth spurt. But I have to say I am getting use to my oh so ever growing belly, and I am proud of it! I worked hard for this belly and when else does looking "big" look cute?! And not to mention maternity clothes are quite cute these days...so yes I am soaking it up! Plus Chris is constantly talking to the baby now so it is cute. Last night he tried the flashlight test. For those that do not know, they say that if you flash a flashlight on my tummy, the baby will move away form it. So picture this...Chris with his hunting head light and my bare belly...yes you probably have the right image now! He had fun shining it then pushing on my belly. Although we were not sure if he/she moved (the one time Baby B was not kicking like crazy), we did feel a body part for the first time! It felt like a leg, or maybe an arm..or even a head for that much! Whatever it was, Chris loved giving it "love pokes" and we both were just fascinated that yes there is a human in there not so far away! And not just any human..our little sweet pea! My expanding tummy is now getting lots of rubs and awws and "oh when are you due" or "how do you feel" questions. It is fun I must say! But the best is that it gives the reality check to us both that Baby B is getting bigger which means Baby B is getting closer to being in our arms. Which in turn makes it all that much more real. In fact, Chris and I both talk to Baby Brown a lot now and he even says "goodnight baby" each night..so cute! Hard to think how far we have come from the tough journey we were on this time last year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, beautiful girl, it's not just you. My sister even told me today, "I can't believe how much you are showing." It just means out little ones are growing!
ReplyDelete