Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
Wow! Baby B has grown since last week. A mango to a cantaloupe! Maybe that is why my belly is growing too. That or the holiday treats I have been eating with guilty pleasure. One website suggests that the baby is 10 1/2 inches long head to toe! So of course Chris got out the measuring tape and held it up to my belly. Luckily (for his sake and mine) it was weird trying to see where that length fits! And according to above the baby can now taste the foods I eat! Guess I should really start watching what I eat! Maybe I should calm the cravings for sweets and fruit juice I am having, would not want to set Baby B up for a sweet tooth like I have been having! On another side note, I am feeling Baby B move a lot these days! It is now my favorite thing to and I just love every love tap he/she gives me. We go Thursday for our big 20 week ultrasound and we are counting down the hours til our apt.! Feels like Thursday will never get here!!
I hope you all have a great week and GO BUCKEYES!!
20 week "bump" picture to come later today!

No comments:
Post a Comment