I am going to go ahead and apologize for the long post but it was quite the Christmas! This Christmas season went as fast as it came! It was a blur that I wish I could have slowed down and one that I wish I could go back to and do all over again. But as everyone knows, all good things and times come to an end and the memories that we make last a lifetime! We were so fortunate this year to share Christmas with both families! My family (including Mom, Dad, Kevin, Meryl (his gf who is family) and my grandma) all made it to Ohio! They all were here about 10 days and the days were jam packed with lots of laughter (thank you Kevin!), tradition, baking, late nights and simply just great times with each other. Can I just say how much I love carrying over traditions now that we are starting a family of our own? My mom and dad always did such a great job of making memories with strong traditions and I am so happy to be doing those on our own now, bringing Chris's family traditions into our home and also to be starting our new traditions. We were so lucky to have both families to share this holiday with. We already felt that this Christmas was more special than the past but this made it even more special! We felt more blessed this Christmas and more thankful than Christmas past but having all of our loved ones with us really made us realize just how blessed and loved we all are. I specifically can not thank my mom enough for all that she did. I had to work a few days she was here and she had our house cleaned, grocery shopping and errands done and our entire kitchen cabinets and refrigerator cleaned out! Now, I could keep her around all the time because I simply just love spending time with her..but this really made us want her around more! Not to mention the planning she helped me with. Now, call it my "pregnancy brain" or the fact I have not hosted more than 8 people for a single meal but I was unprepared. In fact, unprepared does not even describe my state of mind going into the holidays. But luckily mom came into save the day! She planned, shopped and prepared for all meals. And to top off my unorganized, scattered brain I had a bad cold and was getting lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. So it is safe to say, without my mom Christmas would have been a disaster! I hope that one day I can be half the mom she is and be as selfless and giving as she is! So with her help, Grandmas help and Meryl's help it all came together beautifully and I successfully pulled off a dinner for 13 people! And not to mention without Patty and Jeffs generosity we all would have no where to sit or eat! So it was all a great team effort that I am so appreciative for!
We were so spoiled this Christmas too. Chris got his in-wall surround sound speakers which he has been toying with since Christmas day! This should be interesting once Baby B is here! We also go our video camera for once Baby B is here! We were so spoiled by both families and received way too much. Baby B was also VERY spoiled! He/she received a robe, towels, blankets, swaddling blankets, baskets, stuffed animals, toys, books, and the boppy pillow! I can not image future Christmas' once the baby is here, talk about being so loved and spoiled already! The baby stuff was probably my favorite gifts, made us so excited!
The rest of our time was spent playing games, playing pool and ping pong (well the boys were heavily competitive in this nightly!), touring OSU's campus, baking (Meryl, mom and I built the mother of all gingerbread houses!), and just having fun together. We had so much fun with both of our families and are so lucky to have such wonderful parents. Again, I hope we both can amount to be half the parents both of ours were to us! We have great role models and so much support.
We also were able to go to Dayton to visit my dad's side of the family one day. Which was once again nothing short of a blast! Imagine 4 families, 3 grandma's, 11 kids (well now adults) and 3 grandchildren...talk about a busy house!
So needless to say our first Christmas in our new home was more than memorable! But after late nights and busy days, Chris and I stayed in our PJ's for 3 days and relaxed! I can not wait to see what Christmas holds in the future!
Here is a link to view all of our holiday pictures as I posted just a few of our favorites!

No comments:
Post a Comment