It turns out I may have gestational hypertension which basically means my bp is not stable and it could turn into preeclampsia if not treated and most likely I will have to go on some sort of bed rest and most people with this deliver their babies early. The link above explains it to much greater detail. Any good news? I know, I was searching for it too. He said he is not going to put me on bed rest yet, but it could be at any time. He also said we are going to become best friends because I will be seeing him a lot. Which I did say I love the guy, but I am not sure if want to see him as much as he is thinking! Right now they are trying to figure out if I have high bp now just because or if I am heading into preeclampsia. So they took more blood, I have to do a 24 hr urine sample (peeing into a huge tub will be so fun all day Sunday) and they started me on bp meds. I go back in to see him Tuesday to discuss the next steps and we have an ultrasound next Friday (which may be the only perk).
However, I of course got onto the internet and read somethings that probably raised my bp even more, which was not a wise decision. Most babies with this condition are born early and are small (worried), some can have lung deficiencies (worried), some can have other problems (worried) and mothers often have to have c-sections (worried). Now, that was just the internet talking. Luckily my mom has been calling me with real stories of people that had this and all turned out fine. Thank you mom! But if you know me, I am a natural worrier. I worry about feelings of people I do not know, I worry about situations I know and do not know and I just worry. It is what I do. So I have been really worked up worried about this baby. I am so terrified something will be wrong with him or her and it is all my fault.
Luckily I have an amazing husband who has been doing everything and anything to keep my mind stress free and my dad just happened to surprise me and stop into town for the weekend so he has been on my case to lay down, relax and stop worrying. So I have a great support team..I just need to listen to them! So if you need me you know where to find me this weekend...the couch.
Next week will be a long week but I am hopeful it will all be okay. I was hoping all our problems would have ended with us just trying to get pregnant..and I am still hopeful they will. Please keep baby B in your prayers that everything is okay and everything will turn out okay next week.

Sorry to hear you are going through this Kris! Prayers for you & baby B!! Plus I know it's hard BUT worrying is NOT a productive use of that energy! Maybe you should start knitting a baby blanket so that way you have something TANGIBLE to work/focus on & you're doing something for your baby! Plus I'm pretty sure you HAVE to sit down while you're knitting. . .
ReplyDeleteAnd as for delivery: do NOT even start to worry about that!
1. You Dr. KNOWS what he is doing!! So just relax and let him do what he does best!
2. C-sections are not bad!! - I should know, both of mine were C/S babies!!
3. Medical & Scientific advances these days are AMAZING!! It's not like it was back in the day, if you have to deliver early, they can give the baby meds, while he/she is still in you to help their lungs develop - and the NICU is amazing! Hopefully you don't have to find that out for yourself, but I'm just saying!
4. Kaiden was over 3 weeks early & he was (they both were) small, 5lbs 12oz & 5lbs 14oz - and NEITHER had any issues - well not with their lungs!;o) But that is a completely different story!
Just know we're all thinking & praying for your family!
Lots of Love!
KK
Oh and Kris I forgot to say DO NOT go looking for answers on the internet!!! That is NEVER a good idea for medical issues! If your DR wants to give you literature, that's fine but when it comes to GOOGLE, just SAY NO!!! BELIEVE ME, I learned the hard way too, but you'll be happier in the end!!! ;o) ANY idiot can post crap on the internet. . . and while on that note, there is NOTHING wrong with prefacing your encounters with the general public with "IF you have NOTHING nice to say DO NOT say anything at all!!" Cause I hate to say it but people are idiots & they are ALL TOO excited to share some horror story about some distant person who went thru. . . . Again, I found this out the hard way too!
ReplyDeleteOK that's all for now! ;o
Thanks Katie, you give the best advice! I really appreciate it. I just want tomorrow to be here! I pray and hope to see you this weekend..I will be devistated and depressed if I can not come home for the shower and to see everyone :(
ReplyDelete