Monday, February 7, 2011

The Start of Project Nursery!! And a few other home projects!


Ok blissful followers I will go ahead and say sorry for the abundance of pictures. I have not figured out how to delete photos or organize them better once loaded...promise I will get better as I continue in the blogging world.
But I promise it is worth it..project nursery is underway!! These photos are a little out of order but the first one is the room with the chair rail Chris and our oh so sweet neighbor spent putting up all day one Saturday. We can not thank him enough. We have the most wonderful neighbors! They did such a wonderful job. It adds so much to the room and looks professionally done. I was more than impressed. It is virtually seamless! So much love and time has gone into this room..Baby B you are so loved already! I have a vision and it is becoming so real. I can not wait to get the furniture which should be here so soon and to add more personal decor! So without further ado..the pad where Baby B will soon lay his/her sweet head..or at least the start of it!
The room after Matt and Chris got the chair rail up

The room as its former self...our old office


Matt and Chris hard at work putting up the chair rail. Can not thank them enough, it looks so good!

Ok here is where my lack of "blog" knowledge is..here are a few pictures of other household projects we have been working on...painting and decorating. Chris has the kitchen left to paint before May then he is all done! God Bless him!






We desperately needed color so a large painting was added in our florier (see above). I want to get a bench or table to put under it for when you walk in the front door. Below is our great room. I am looking for a HUGE roman numeral clock to hang above the entertainment center. The paintings on each side are new. Kitchen is next!

Our bathroom is a very soft baby blue. This actually looks a lot darker than it really is. It is so soft. But I am doing a beach theme and found this pretty picture. I am planning on putting sea shell candles and decor all around our big spa tub!










The next few are of our bedroom. And again, this blue is no where near what it is. It is a dark blue..dockside like. It is almost a dark blue with a grayish undertone. Not even close to this blue..not sure what is going on! But I am going to blow up big pictures of the baby in black and white to put up and get the blue chair picture of us matted in black and white frames. I also want a new duvet cover (I have my eye on one from restoration hardware) and I plan on getting some pretty white window treatments. I am thinking black and white decor with the dark blue!

Thank you to my wonderful husband for doing so much work! Please ignore our messy bed! My mornings are slow going these days! But yes, that is a pregnancy pillow you see and yes it is my new "lover" I sleep with. It is AMAZING! I lay on the couch with it and in bed with it. I wonder if Chris is starting to get a little worried with my love affair. I have finally been able to sleep better and the way this pillow hugs your belly and back is pure bliss. I am obsessed! Not sure why I waited so long. Although I am some what worried about giving it up in a few months!


And finally the rest are nursery! The window treatments are green gingham! We figure we can paint the top of the chair rail blue or pink if we want or leave it!



When I said I thought we had every piece of gender neutral clothing, I was not kidding! We went to the store yesterday and Chris and I parted to make it quicker and I told him to meet me in a specific isle..no where near baby things. 15 mintues later after searching hard where was he?? In the baby isle! We are only buying new born outfits too because lets get serious..we are not going to want to dress our bundle of joy in green and yellow after we know the gender. So I can not wait to see the closet after the baby is born and we go on a spree!





The chair rail up close!



Daddy Brown hard at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment