Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday...24 weeks!! And a new bump update!


Ok so I had to find a new picture seeing how this week it was yet again a papaya. But, it is the last week of being a papaya and I am officially in my 6th month. Which feels so crazy to say. Parts of me are so excited for May to get here I feel like it is taking forever but then when I stop to think that I am already 24 weeks and in my 6th month it is hard to believe and it feels like a blink of an eye! Hard to believe Baby B is over a pound and almost a foot long. Baby's kicks have for sure gotten stronger! So strong that Chris finally felt his baby boy or girl kick this past Sunday! We also witnessed for the first time my belly move up and down and side to side...talk about a surreal feeling! But feeling him/her move is my most favorite thing in the world. I would say this weight is starting to take its toll too on me. I huff and puff a lot more..yes going up stairs seems to be a work out these days according to my lungs and when I roll over or bend over it is usually accompanied by a "ugh". I have even dropped food on my belly, ran into things with it and had my students bump into it this week. You can see by the picture below it is growing! Yes, I realize I am in all black..and yes I know that black is flattering and it makes me look smaller..so I am bigger than it may appear in that photo. But a girl and try to look her best right?! This weeks developments are continuing to prepare him/her for birth! My uterus is supposedly the size of a soccer ball..thank you to my dear husband for saying I don't look like I have a soccer ball in my belly. And the baby can feel me sway and is developing more fat! I can't wait to squeeze those little cheeks!
In other developments, Chris started the nursery! Chris and our dear neighbor (people who have become like family) put up a chair rail in the room. It took them the entire day Saturday but it looks fantastic! He is finishing up painting it today so I will post pics soon! This weekend we also found child care! I am SO excited because I was very nervous about this task. We both could not feel more comfortable or at ease about our decision and think it will be the perfect fit for our child when I return to work (can't even think about that!). And it is only 4 miles from our home, our baby will be the only baby and there will only be 2 other toddlers there. Plus it is out of the person's home and their home is full of amazing opportunities and learning experiences..yes the teacher in me was out full throttle when interviewing!
I am home on an ice day today and plan on giving my body a full day of rest..seeing how these days I am starting to cherish restful times a lot more! If you are trapped in by this big storm I hope you are enjoying your day...and if not, I hope it is still a great Tuesday for you!




1 comment:

  1. How cute are you!? I can't believe we are just a week apart. So fun!:)

    ReplyDelete