Monday, February 28, 2011

Whew, I passed!

I feel like I just passed a major exam, or like I just finally got a foot up on this pregnancy! Why you ask? I passed my 2nd glucose test!! Yes, after just convincing myself I could not do anything right for this kid and figuring I would fail this too I heard the blissful words "tests look good!". Now to many people this sort of news would be no big deal, but given all that I have been through lately I needed this. I needed to hear my body was doing something right and that I did not have to worry about something else. I needed to feel victorious! Plus lets face it folks, I would be one sad girl (and even more moody!) if I had to give up the sweets I am craving like crazy these days! And ahhem, today as going through the store I blissfully picked up a bag of the Reese's eggs and was over joyed knowing I could enjoy one...or two...ok three. Hey, I was rewarding myself! Is it sad that all weekend as I indulged in some cookies, sweet rolls and candy I just kept thinking..."this could be it my delicious sweetness. We may have to part for the next 10 weeks" and it made me sad to think I would possibly have to say good bye to my new love affair. To those men out there...DO NOT take away a craving from a pregnant woman! I am not a sweet tooth person but this pregnancy has brought out the sweet craving, finger licking, crazy eyed, chocolate craving monster in me when it comes to sweets! Saturday I made Chris dive out of the way so I could get a specific kind of cookie I had been craving and sweet rolls for Sunday morning...of which I ate most of. Please, no judgement! So as for now gestational diabetes..I win!! You will not get to rob me of my sweet cravings, the delicious Easter candy filling the stores, and most importantly of my sanity of having to worry about one more thing with this sweet baby. Plus, I would have been so mad if I sat in the Dr. office for 3 hrs. on Friday after driving for 2 hrs. through ice and snow to find out I failed!
So today is a good Monday my friends! I hope yours was too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment