Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tasty Tuesday...26 weeks!! And a Dr. update!

Your Baby
Deep breath! Air sacks are developing in your baby's lungs, which means it just might be possible for your baby to take a breath at the end of this week. The air sacks (technically called alveoli) will continue to grow for the next nine years. The membrane that keeps the alveoli separate from the blood vessels is now thin enough to allow for that oxygen–carbon dioxide exchange we call breathing. Other highlights this week:

The retina completes the development of its normal layers this week—all the better to see you with. Well not you, per se, because her eyes are still sealed shut and it's really dark in there, but your baby's eyes are now fully developed.

Break out the sparkling apple juice—baby has now completed two-thirds of her stay in Hotel Womb. Your baby is about 1 2/3 pounds and is 14 inches long head-to-heel, or about the length of a burp cloth (otherwise known as your primary wardrobe accessory for the next several months).

I love reading that her/his eyes are fully developed, I can not wait to stare love into those eyes hours on end. I dream of those eyes. I also can not believe it is my last week in my second trimester..where has time gone?!
And according to my Dr. I have less than 14 weeks to go because it seems as if Baby Brown has a 100 percent chance of having to be delivered before 40 weeks. It sounds as if Dr.'s goal is to deliver the baby around 37 to 38 weeks...or anytime after 36 weeks. Which in that sense that means Baby Brown could be in our arms 10 to 12 weeks from now...holy smokes! Sort of induces some panic into me thinking about all that we need to get done! I do not mind having the baby early..that just means I do not have to sit around and wait for my delivery date to come and go and feel frustrated and desperate to get the little guy/girl out..and a shorter time of feeling huge! However, I just want a strong healthy baby so I pray that he or she bakes as long as she or he needs to be as healthy as can be. So take your time Baby!! I would say I have gotten teary eyed and panicy about once a day thinking about having a healthy baby. Is that normal to be so worried about it?! Mom out there help me out please!
Yesterday we went back to the Dr. (yes I will be going a lot it seems) and all my tests came back great! Now they still have to test because protein can come up at any time but for now I will take it! So Dr. M doubled my blood pressure drugs to try and get it down and is going to monitor my progress carefully. As of right now I am not on bed rest but he made it very clear that at any time he has no hestiation to put me on bed rest or even in the hospital if we can not get a hold of my bp. Thank God I am not on bed rest yet! He did say it is likely I will go on bed rest at some point. He envisions the last month probably. But you never know and maybe not! But there is just no way of telling. It is so hard to believe him because I feel fine, other than the racing heart. So it is hard to slow down like people at home and work keep yelling at me to do! He also told me that when I come home from work I need to be on "bed rest" which means no laundry, cooking, cleaning or anything but laying on the couch. Now..many people would see this as a blessing and I know that I will long for someone to tell me to lay down after the little peanut arrives BUT if you know me at all you know that I am VERY type A and VERY OCD. So, I have to have clean house, meals cooked, laundry done and my life pretty much planned away in order to relax. So me not knowing my status but by a week to week basis is not suiting. I even last night tried to plan bed rest and birth and Chris just laughed. I do not like not knowing! I like to know everything so right now not being able to clean, do laundry, check things off our to do list and basically just fulfill the HUGE nesting urge I have right now and also not knowing a plan for me and Baby B is killing me! But Chris and even my mom who offered to come up and Chris's mom have reassured me it will all get done.
But on a very positive note I am not on bed rest now, things seem to be okay with just close monitoring now and I get to go home Friday for my first baby shower!!!! Nothing makes me more happy to know that in 48 hours I will be Atlanta bound for some home lovin, friend huggin, and family spoilin! There is no place like home, or my mothers love. And to make my Friday even better we get to see Baby Brown again with an ultrasound!! I think after the ultrasound I will (or I pray I will) be able to relax a little more. I still have a mile long list of questions and I am still worrying and stressing so hopefully Friday will make me feel a little better. :) All I ask and pray for is a healthy baby, please Lord. Moms out there, is it this normal to be this worried and paranoid about having a healthy baby?!

No comments:

Post a Comment