Sunday, February 27, 2011

Whiny the Pooh and Hospital tours!







Hello Blissful followers..hope you had a great weekend! Ours was very laid back and full of movies. Seems as if movies, the couch and snuggling with Layla will be new favorite past time the way I have everyone on my case to relax!
But more to come about the weekend later, first I wanted to share the ADORABLE baby shower invitation my mother in law Patty sent out for the upcoming shower she is hosting for me and Baby B! Aren't they so cute!! And I can just tell how much love she put into these as she hand wrote All.Of. Them. Wow! Thank you so much Grandma B, Baby B and I really appreciate it and feel so loved and special already! I am so excited for the shower, it will be so much fun to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Baby Brown with so many loved ones! I love how the invitations are pull out..how clever! And who does not love Whinny the Pooh! It will be something Baby Brown and I will always treasure and will look back on when looking through the scrap book I am putting together. :) Thank you!!
Other than gearing up with excitement over the shower invitation and for the next shower, I spent much of the weekend watching movies with Chris and Layla. Yes, it may sound boring but welcome to my world friends and there is no other place I would rather be than snuggled up with pillows (pregnancy body pillow of course!) and blankets and Layla with her head on my belly and Chris on the other side with my head on him. He is such a trooper for putting up with my needy self ;).
But we did manage to make it out of the house this weekend! We had our tour of the hospital where Baby B will be delivered! I was so excited for this day as I knew it would give me an even more detailed image to day dream of for Baby B's birthday! Now, Chris I do not think had the same anticipation as I did, but he did at one point grab my hand during the tour say "this is pretty cool". Now he probably also will not spend countless hours day dreaming about the baby's arrival or our hospital visit, but I think he found it informative and was happy we did it.
I drank up every second on the other hand! I probably only remember about 10 percent of everything we were shown or learned about but I can tell you where we park, where we check in, what the delivery room looks like (a lot nicer than I thought), what the room we will stay in looks like (Chris seemed "real excited" about that but promised he will not be leaving the hospital during our stay) and most importantly where the nursery is and looks like. This tour made it seem so much more real and I just kept trying to envision the day where I check in, lay in the delivery room, have our families in there and in the waiting room anxiously awaiting news, and then wait for the moment I have been waiting so anxiously for..the arrival of our miracle. It was so interesting to hear what exactly will happen, to see where the baby will lay under that cozy heater and to hear what will be done with me and the baby. It was neat to kind of hear what will all "go down" for lack of better terms! We also learned care options, medical options, visiting hours for family and friends and all that we would need to know! I think it made Chris feel a little more informed as well....although he seemed most interested in food, if the rooms get sports center and where the baby will be! Although it is a mere 10 weeks away, I still can not envision myself in those rooms for game time. It is so hard to picture us doing any of that! I know it will come, it just seems very far away or near impossible that will actually be us so soon! And the rooms are not that bad... a lot better than I thought! Although the bed where Chris will reside is not quite the thrown where he lays his head to rest nightly..but it will do! To think that will be where Chris and I spend the first 48 hours (given no C-section) as a new family is just mind boggling!
Just learning more about the baby and about The Day gets me so excited and giddy I can not hardly stand it! In fact, when we went to the nursery and got to see 2 newborns I started getting teary eyed (yes you are thinking, what is new Kristin?!). But I just could not help thinking that will be us so soon. Now, Chris does not know I got teary eyed as I am sure I would hear some sort of wise crack, but moms out there I am sure you can relate!
So yes, it was a very exciting day and one I will forever remember. Let the count down officially begin....er, as if it hadn't?!

No comments:

Post a Comment