Tuesday, April 12, 2011

April Showers, Bring May Babies!!

This past weekend one of my best friend threw Baby Brown and I a shower! Mama Perks is a person who when she enters a room, the room lights up. She is a person that people naturally gravitate to, and she is a person I have become blessed to have gotten to know. Linds and I met about 5 years ago in grad school and we instantly hit it off. I am not sure if it was her infectious laugh, her instant caring personality I picked up on, or her ability to make you feel so comfortable and like you have known her forever. But whatever it was, we became friends and quick! She helped guide me through wedding planning (and maybe even played a role in getting engaged..er, Chris was sick of hearing about wedding plans of others!) and she helped guide me through one of the toughest times..the infertility journey. Her spiritual guidance, positive attitude and loving shoulder has always been there for me, and I am so fortunate to have her in my life. For goodness sake, after leaving the hospital to visit her after she had Marshall I got on the phone to tell Chris how cute little Marshall is and when he asked how Lindsey was, I said she not only looked amazing but she wanted to talk about me more than her! That is how she always is. Never asks for an ounce of attention or gratitude. Linds is what I consider a true friend. No matter how hectic our lives get and no matter how many days, sometimes weeks, we go without seeing each other or even talking, I know that we will always be close. A low maintenance friendship..hard to come by but cherished more than words can say. I mean just to begin to describe her generous and selfless attitude, she has a 19 month old and an 8 week old at home and she was able to not only put together a shower but she put it together like a professional! Every. Single. Detail. was full of SO much love and beyond perfect! From the invitations (adorable poem she made up), to the cake diaper, punch, decor, and food it all was perfect! Oh the food...she knew I have just craved sweets so it was sweet based! She hand made cake balls and had cut up a ton of food for a chocolate fountain! She also made pink and blue punches, how creative! Everything was so wonderful and I can not thank her enough for all the money, time, energy and love she put into every detail. Words can not thank her enough. She is so special to me and will be such a special part of Baby B's life. Baby B, I can not wait for you to meet Aunt Lindsey! She will keep you laughing your entire life and will be such a wonderful influence! She already had been...hence the millions of questions I have either texted, called or emailed her about! She is a idol mommy. Her boys are so laid back, easy going and just cuties! And I believe it goes to her and Colin for being so laid back! She has already helped me a ton and I know will continue. So without further waiting, here are some pictures of the wonderful shower! Deer Run ladies..I am so blessed and lucky to work with my closest friends and such wonderful women! Thank you to all 30 women who came to celebrate Baby Brown, I so appreciate you all! There were 30 women, 5 of which who were pregnant and 8 who had babies there!
One of the newest babies. Peyton!! He was born a mere 5 weeks ago. There was 1 younger little sweet pea there, Craig, that was only 2 weeks!
So cute! The decor was so bright and pretty! And look at that creative yet yummy blue punch! There was also a pink lady punch for boy and girl!


Oh my poor swollen body..I swear you will be normal again..or I hope!

Hostess with the mostest!!

Look at this adorable little man! He was sooo good, did not make a peep! Just all smiles for little Marshy!
The oh so cute invite!

Check out the awesome diaper cake Lindsey made! It is so beautiful and fun!



Cake balls..Chris had the left overs gone the next day!


1 comment:

  1. Your words are too kind. Seriously. I had such a blast putting everything together-there are only a handful of people in my life who mean enough to me to do something like that-and you are CERTAINLY one of them. God truly knew what he was doing when He put us in that grad school class together way back when. I am so lucky to have found one of my best friends later in life and I truly cherish all of our memories together. And the most amazing part...the best is yet to come. Can't wait to raise our babies together!!! Baby B will be here before you know it-and I can't wait to love on him/her!!! Love you girl! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete