Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Mother's Love

Thinking about how much I love this child already has had me thinking lately of how much my mom must love me and how much Chris' mom must love him. And how much our moms must love both of us. We are so blessed to have the mothers we have. They both are so supportive and so loving. For instance, Chris' mom has come over to make us dinner just so I do not have to get up, and she has come over to help out around the house to get things done for us and also just to keep me company. We both know that Chris's mom is always and will always be there with loving arms open. Both our mothers are always calling after doctor appointments to see how they went and they both are always so supportive, loving and concerned. We both know that without a doubt, either will ALWAYS be there for us. We truly are blessed!
It has been hard on me with my mom living so far away. Although I have gotten better about my "homesick break downs" I still get home sick all the time. Chris is a champ at dealing with them. There is not a day that goes by that my heart does not miss my mom or my family. I often get very envious of girls that have their mothers close by, that is one jealous spot I have as I would give anything in the world to have my mom closer. We talk all the time. Multiple times a day. But it still is not as good as it would be having her here. I have thought about what it would be like having this baby live far away and not being able to see him/her all the time and it already hurts my heart...I can not imagine how she feels. My mom and I never had one of those stereotypical mother daughter relationships where we did not get along in high school or argued a lot. We were very opposite. We were and are still best friends. I confided in her for everything and still do. We had fun together and I loved being home even on high school Friday nights. And when I do go home to visit, I am home body, I do not like to leave! And yes, all visits usually end with tears from both of us because we know that the phone will have to do for a few months until our schedules and stars align again. I know it is hard on her, especially during this exciting time, to be so far away. But has been very hard on me too. After all, moms somehow make everything okay. BUT, I am SOO happy to say my mom is coming into town TODAY!! She is currently on her way up! It was like Christmas this morning. I did not sleep well as I was so giddy about her arrival. Well that and the fact tossing and turning these days is very difficult and wakes me..that and the dozen bathroom trips. I can not wait to show her the nursery and all of the goodies. I can not wait to finally get some belly rubs from the woman who carried me and to dream together, in person. She is going to help me wash all the baby clothes and organize the closet plus get some other things on our "to do list" crossed off since I am currently on bed rest and unable to them..and I feel bad constantly asking Chris to do everything. It is going to be a fun week of just being together..something that only happens a few times a year. But my plan is to make to sure go no longer than 3 months without seeing each other. Luckily she will be here in May and I plan on going home in July and hopefully she is coming up again in August. Then we will have to wait til December for our next visit..but yes I already have it all planned out!
So yes, we are so blessed to have 2 wonderful moms. Both of them do so much and support us so very much and I appreciate you Patty and I appreciate you mom. You both have taught me about a mother's love. I hope that I can provide our children with half the support and love you both provide for us. I am so lucky to have grown up with a mom like mine and I appreciate her more and more. I am so fortunate to have a relationship like we have. And Patty, I thank the Lord each night for having a mother in law like you as we are family and friends and I love you dearly and appreciate all you do for me. I am quickly learning, and I know I still have no idea, what a mother's love really is. And I am forming a whole new appreciation for you and the way you wear your heart on your sleeve for your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment