Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Daughter's Love

I thought a posting about a daughter's love would only be suiting after posting about a mother's love..which I have only started to explore! I hope to have a daughter one day. I would be blessed with healthy boys and I see how much Chris loves his mom so I know the son/mother bond is just as special but it would be nice to have a daughter so I could experience the type of relationship my mom and I have some day. Now, that does not mean I hope Baby B is a girl by any means. I just hope Baby B is a healthy little baby and that is all, either is great! I am just saying a little girl at some point would be just as wonderful!
My mom was in town for what was the fastest week in history! And with her just leaving, and my hormones being on over drive, I have had some time to reflect on our visit and the love I have for her. Her visit was just perfect...although too fast! She was able to come and keep me company for 3 of my NST's! I appreciated it because they can get boring and I think she liked it as well as she could feel involved with the pregnancy since she has been so far away for most of it. It has been really hard on the both of us with her being so far for one of the most exciting times in my life. I already mentioned how much I hate the fact she lives so far away. I despise the distance between us, so it was so special to have her here considering she has seen me twice since I found out I was pregnant. But while she was here she helped slay my nesting craze by tiding up cabinets, clearing out and organizing ALL of our closets, and getting the rest of my "baby do list" done! The biggest task was our bedroom closet. I wish I had before and after pictures. I will post an after picture. We got rid of 4 big trash bags of clothes that I NEVER wear and she traded out my winter clothes for summer clothes. And to top that she organized my closet by type of clothes and color! Now my challenge is to keep it this way! Oh how much I appreciate this! Our closet was a nightmare. It looked like the clothes monster threw up in our closet and shoes were scattered, clothes were always on the floor, sweats hung from shelves and I never could find anything to wear! My closet excites me now rather than gives me night mares! Not to mention seeing all my old clothes felt like a new relationship seeing how I have not worn them in forever since I live in maternity clothes! It will feel like a new wardrobe when I can wear them...Chris will be happy! So while I sat on the bed since I am on bed rest, mom brought clothes in on the bed and I say yay or nay and she then took them back to the closet to organize or put them in the good will pile! She did this with everything. I sat with my feet up and directed and she followed directions. We also tackled the nursery with Chris. More to come later! THANK YOU MOM!!

So between Patty coming over to make us dinners, helping us clean and get organized and always being there to help us get ready and just being so helpful and supportive and my mom coming up to help out...we are ready to go. And more importantly I am realizing just how loved we are and how loved this baby already is. Our moms both do SO MUCH for us and I am so thankful. I hope to have a similar relationship with our children some day and I hope to follow in their footsteps. Both will be the BEST grandma's and so wonderful!


Other than making my mom work a ton we also had fun! Patty came over for a sleep over and we had a blast making dinner and spending time together. It was so fun to see the two grandma's together and so happy about the upcoming arrival of their first grandchild. I have the sweetest picture of them I will have to post later! We are so lucky our families get along so well! We also watched movies, sat and talked for hours and just enjoyed spending time together.

I realized this will be the last time with quality me and mom time and next time there will be someone else there to get to know and enjoy time with her. So this was a special time I will forever cherish and forever remember. Our time together may not be often, but we sure do make the most of it. I love my mom more than words can say and it was so hard saying good-bye. It makes me realize how much I miss her each day and it really makes me realize how hard it will be living far away with the baby. I look forward to her having quality time to get to know the baby the first few weeks he/she is here, but know how it is going to kill both her and I when she has to leave and not knowing when she will get to see her grandchild again. It will be hard with the distance, but we will make the most of the times we are together. :)

Thank you mom for everything and mostly thank you for being my mom and for such a wonderful visit! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment