Sunday, April 3, 2011

One Smart Cookie

This past Friday my class threw me a baby shower! It was the sweetest thing ever. They were so excited, as many of them indicated to me they had never been to a baby shower...shocking, haha. My room moms who are just too sweet for words planned it and were so excited about it. They had pink and blue cupcakes, baby chicks, and decor (and some healthy treats too). They played fun games for the kiddos and it was just so much fun to celebrate this exciting time with such special people. The games were great. One of them the kids had to put a paper plate on their head and draw a picture of a baby..very fun! Another game was a memory game..perfect for school! They were shown an alphabet list of baby items or things that have to do with a baby and they had to remember as many as possible then write them down. Then there was the laundry game! There were 2 teams and each team was given a basket of baby socks all mixed up and they had to match them into pairs as fast as they could without taking the socks out..and I got to keep all the socks! Safe to say we have enough socks for a very very long time, and they students had a blast! And finally, the moms provided 8 baby food jars with missing labels and the students could taste and smell them and they had to guess what the flavor was. This was hysterical! Some guessed mustard, chocolate and other bizarre foods..although chocolate does not sound so bad, for mom that is! I have to say my class moms were very creative with this and were just so cute with their joyous and excited attitudes! Then as if that was not enough, each student gave me their favorite 2 books their moms read to them when they were little. We have so many books now! And yes, I love to read so I will be reading to the baby starting the first day the baby is home. They gave us so many wonderful books! All the classics plus many more. What a wonderful idea!! A library for the baby's room is something that is extremely important to me, but those books all cost a lot of money so it was so thoughtful and just perfect to get so many great books! I will always think of them as I share them with Baby B. And if that was not the icing on the cake, many gave us blankets, bibs, pacifiers and stuffed animals! I think Baby B is set to have a different blanket and bib for each day of the year! And yes there is more! The class gift was by far the best gift of all. It was a keepsake calendar that I fill in each month so it starts the month he/she is born. And each month I put a picture of the baby and it comes with stickers for first tooth, first step, first wave, first word, finds feet, ect. I think it has a sticker for everything! And in the back of the calendar, each student gave me their advice for the baby and each mom did the same and the room mom typed them all up and put them in the back of the calendar. I will be sure to share some of them with you as they made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes! And speaking of tears, I of course cried at their sincerity and generosity. I am truly so lucky to be in the profession I am as I love what I do each day and I am even luckier to have such wonderful, supportive and loving students and families. I am blessed!

I will post pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment