Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Top 10 Things I Have Learned About You!

So here are some things I think I have figured out about your little personality so far. And these are subjective, but as your mommy and the person that knows you best thus far, I am going to make note of just a few things I have picked up on these past 9 months! Maybe these are just also my favorite things about you..even though I am pretty sure EVERYTHING about you is my favorite! :)

1. You LOVE sweets! I can eat a boring meal and you will not move a twitch, but the instant I drink or eat anything sweet you flip (not anymore, it is too crowded in there), kick, punch and move all about. Must be why I crave sweets so much when I use to not care for them.

2. You love to stick body parts out and push me, and recently it is your butt! Multiple times a day I will see a knee, elbow, bum, or foot poking out and pushing me. Now you are so big often I will feel and see a bottom poking out on one side and then a short distance away I will see your foot! You have done this since very early on. You do this more than kick me and your dad and I both love to feel you pushing me, even though it can be uncomfortable! It is almost as if you are saying "uugh mom, give me more room!". I push your dad in bed all the time when I want more room, so maybe you got this trait from me. :)

3. You do not kick me hard. Thank you! I always hear moms talk about the "jabs" to the ribs or painful kicks they take but I do not have them from you. You push and you do kick, but not that hard. I joke with your dad that this either means you are a girl or you are sensitive boy that does not want to hurt his mommy. Remember that!

4. You get the hiccups ALL. THE. TIME. I am talking multiple times a day, 3, 4, even 5 times a day! I can usually count on them after I eat but lately you get them when I am trying to go to sleep. And each time you get them, it is as if it's your first. I lift up my shirt (yes even at 11 at night) and watch my belly jump in a rhythmic motion all while picturing your little belly hop and jump and bounce from them. It is funny, every kick, movement, hiccup is like the first. I stop, pay attention to you, put my hand on my belly and (if I am not in public) lift my shirt to watch you. It is a special bond and connection only you and I share.

5. You must get a thrill out of putting all your weight on my bladder right after I use the restroom. You are a dead weight and make using the restroom so fun! ;)

6. You must think the hours between 9 and 11 at night are play time. Every single night at this time you go crazy! I swear you must be having a dance party in club Womb or are doing some sort of work out video that I do not know about because it feels like you are kicking, waving your arms and just movin and groovin all around. I swear this means we are in trouble for these hours once you arrive!

7. You are either a stinker or a sleepy baby (yet to be determined). Every time I have an NST you either "disappear" and they have look for your heart beat again or you refuse to move and get your heart rate up. So either you are sleeping or do not want to cooperate. I just feel bad because every time they have to use this little buzzer and buzz you. I get upset each time because I just picture you all cozy and sleeping and WHAM a buzz sensation comes and zaps you and wakes you up. Without fail, each time you jump and move and they get what they want. My fear is for the rest of your life you will hear a buzzing sound and will be startled! The nurses even try saying real loud "I am going to have buzz if he/she does not cooperate soon!" in hopes to startle you..but it does not work. Either way though, a stinker or a sleepy head we love you just as much. Although, if you are a sleeper I will not complain :) By the way, your heart rate is always between 140s and 160s. It usually is in high 140s and mid 150s.

8. You love my right side. You are always nestled on my right side. No matter how I am laying or what I am doing, I can find you on my right side. Not sure if this is normal but that's where you find home. And when I say right side, I mean right side. Sometimes I feel like you are trying to get to my back you are so far over. I did not know babies could get that far over! The only difficulty I find is at bed time. I am a right side sleeper. It is the only way I can go to sleep. Well turns out your dance party and my right side sleeping habit do not mix! I often lay on my right side and I feel you kicking me and pushing me against the bed! It sometimes tickles and sometimes feels really weird, so I shift sides. I am always afraid I am squishing you since you are on that side and I like to lay on that side!

9. You have made this pregnancy easy on me, thank you! You let me sleep..for now (thank you, thank you, thank you), you never really made me sick (just nausea), you do not kick me hard (just push), and you are just an easy, go with the flow type of inutero kiddo..I love taking you every where with me. And the high blood pressure is not you..it's my body. Oh one thing you have given me, heart burn! Never had it before but it sure is there now. I am convinced you will have hair! Color who knows...you could be blond, brown or even red.

10. The connection and bond we have is a special one that only you and I will ever share and I can not wait to continue the mother/child relationship as it is a special one that will only grow. I love you SO much already and know my love will only grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment