

Since you will always know us as "mom and dad" I thought it would be fun to tell you about us and our life as just a couple! Now, as much as I hate to admit it, I know we will not always be the cool mom and dad and chances are we one day will know nothing and you will know everything and we will just be the corky mom and dad that tells you what to do and want nothing but to be around you and you probably will want nothing to do with us. BUT, believe it or not, we were "people" before being just a mom and dad..and even sorta cool (at least according to us)!
1. We met at Ohio State University (you will be a Buckeye Baby, not much choice there, sorry!) where your dad played lacrosse and I played soccer (not the entire time). But I consider the story "fate" as I was not suppose to be in Columbus, I was suppose to be home for the summer in Georgia, but due to bad grades (which you NEVER will have) I had to come back for summer school. Your dad was living in Canada with his roommate for the summer but ran out of money so he had to come back as well. Well, within our first few nights of being in Columbus, I was drug to party I did not want to go to but am so happy I did. I had a feeling I was going to meet someone and even told a girl friend that, and sure enough I met your dad! We spent the entire night talking and he called me the next day for our first date! So we both were in the right place at the right time, and we both were in a place we should not have been according to our summer plans that summer!
2. Your dad is 1 year older than me, which I LOVE to tease him about! We started dating when he was 20 and I was 19...wow do I feel old!
3. Your dad proposed to me in a hot air balloon! Funny story there too! To make a long story short, we started to run out of gas and had to land across the street from a prison, which is still property of the prison. Your dad had already proposed at this time and I was just bursting with exciement! Well we had guards come flying up to us with guns drawn when we landed. They had to confiscate my camera and your dad argued with the guard about it, which almost got him arrested! After dodging that bullet, we went to dinner and spend the rest of the night giddy in love..and with a disposable camera! I will show you pictures! It was the perfect night and one I would not trade for the world. I was 23 when we got engaged and your dad was 24. We married a year later in GA, on May 17 2008, and it was a fairy tale dream wedding which I can not wait to show you pictures of one day! We have been married almost 3 years and may even meet you on our anniversary!
4. Your dad is from Dublin, OH. He was born in Minnesota but grew up in Ohio. I was born in Atlanta, Georgia and have been here since college! I can not wait to take you home to the south one day to show you where I grew up and to have you meet some very important people that are dying to meet you!
5. We both fell in love awfully fast and became inseparable VERY fast! It is important for you to know how much we love each other and that we are each other's very best friends. We share everything with each other and truly are best friends. We make a great team! We may not always agree, or even "like" each other all the time, but we ALWAYS love each other and never go to bed mad.
6. Your dad LOVES to hunt deer, duck, and anything that he can hunt for basically. He also loves to fish and really do anything outdoors or with nature. I know he very anxious for the days he can take you hunting and fishing with him. Don't worry, if you are a girl they have cute pink cameo and pink fishing poles. :) He even wants to take you on our boat this summer, but I told him he may have to wait 1 year. These are his true passions and I can not wait to see him share them with you. Just you wait until you see the lower level room, it is all his hunting and fishing trophies, pictures and decor! He wanted to do your room in cameo but I stopped that...you will thank me :) Oh and if you ever need some reading material (doubtful seeing you already have about 40 books and I am a teacher so you never will be short on books) he has plenty of outdoors men magazines for you to read ;)
7. I do not hunt or fish, but I LOVE to go on the boat with your dad. Last summer we went every weekend and I would lay on a raft, read a good book and sun bathe. It was a very memorable summer. I do love the outdoors though. I like to run and can not wait to take you in your jogging stroller with me. I also like coffee with friends, reading, being with friends and as goofy as it sounds..a hobby is teaching, which is also my profession!
8. Our favorite things to do! We both love the outdoors so one of our favorite things to do is camp! We have already talked about taking you camping when you are old enough. We also love cooking out and LOVE the Buckeyes! We go all out for games so you will be the cutest little Buckeye Baby this side of the Ohio River! We also enjoy date nights and lazy nights as a couple. We love getting blankets, pillows, ice cream and candy, and good movies and being lazy together. And as cheesy as it sounds, we just love doing things together and having fun together.
9. You have a big sister, Layla! Layla turns 7 on May 14th so she will probably be 7 or just about to turn 7 when you are born. Maybe you will even share a birthday! Layla was our baby before you. She is a chocolate lab that thinks she is human, to put it mildly. She is the most loyal, loving, cuddly and fun dog. She has been through a lot with us! Lets just say I am happy your dad had her has his trial "baby" before you. But seriously, she is the sweetest little pup ever. When I was dealing with infertility, and often cried a lot, she always put her face on mine as if she was trying to console me and tell me it would be okay. She sleeps above my head, goes every where with us, loves to run with me and mostly, she LOVES to swim and eat! I have never seen a dog that loves to swim as much as her. You both will love the pond in our back yard. I can not wait for you to meet her. Your dad and I often talk about how she will be with you. I have no doubt she will love you very much and will most likely be super protective of you, but I can see her being very confused at first as she was the princess of this house! But she will be great with you. She is so wonderful with my friends babies and children already and loves our neighbor kids! I can tell she knows something is up though. She usually follows me, but lately is my shadow. I can not go anywhere without her. And with me being on bed rest, she has been the best thing for me. Lots of company and cuddles. She also sits in your nursery at my feet whenever I am in there just dreaming of you. Your dad often gets jealous as she plays harder with him than she does with me, but cuddles a lot more with me than him. Like I said, she is so loving so she will love you very much. She is very spoiled and now about to lose her role as an only child!
10. Your dad and I love to talk about you and dream about you. From color of hair, to boy or girl, to personality, to everything about you! Your dad often kills time on his lunch break by shopping for you!
11. I like to talk about feelings and emotions..sorry if you are a boy! This sometimes can drive your dad crazy...especially with my out of control hormones lately!
12. I sleep with a blanket, yes world wide web it is out there, poke fun if you wish! It is a security thing for me and your dad is trying to get me to stash it away before you arrive...we will see!
13. Your dad often makes us late places, which can drive me crazy as I am a Type A personality and like to be on time!
But the glorious thing is, we both have flaws, both know them and both love each other for them!14. I LOVE our family nights of me, Layla and your dad just hanging out. I am a total home body. And I can not wait for you join our cozy life.
15. We love to travel. Together we have been on a cruise that went to Jamaica, Cozumel, and Grand Caymen, we went to St. Lucia on our honeymoon, 2 summers ago we went to Cancun, last summer we went to Lake Cumberland, we have been to the beach in South Carolina and many other destinations in the US together. We like our vacation time!
16. Your dad wishes he could be a hunting tour guide or pro fisherman for a career, but in the mean time he works in finances for AEP. I have my dream job, I teach elementary school!
17. We were asked to do the show, One Born Every Minute, a documentary about labor and delivery. We are still undecided. It would be cool for you to see what it was like, but we are also shy people.
18. I LOVE Mexican food. Queso, chips, margaritas, and good girl friends is one of my favorite past times! I am sure you will have many trips with me and girls to our favorite spot! Your dad loves lasagna. It is his favorite!! When we eat out together our fast food picks are Chipotle or Pei Wei. When we go out to dinner, we love many different places. We like BJ's Brewhouse, Melting Pot, Ocean Club, and really any where. We are easy and we like to go out to eat..but do not like going to movies. We would much rather rent!
19. Your dad handles the finances and although we have an agreed upon budget, I am worse about sticking to it. But I am working on it. Your dad is also great at helping me around the house with chores. He is very involved. I am a bit OCD, which I know I have to get over because the days of a perfect household are almost over, but your dad enables it by helping me out so much around the house. He has really stepped up since I have been on bed rest. But that is how I know he is going to be an involved and great dad. He already is very involved with your life and wants to learn more about you all the time. So like I said, we make a good team. I handle a lot of the little decisions, but when it comes to big decisions we always discuss them together. And although we may not always agree, we somehow always find a way to meet in the middle.
20. We have come a long way together. We went from our fun college days, to entering the real world, to learning how to work as a married couple, and now we are starting the next journey of our life together...parenthood!

No comments:
Post a Comment