How your baby's growing:
Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
This comes a day early because I am currently editing and uploading pictures from my wonderful shower yesterday and I want to write about that tomorrow..so here is Baby B's updates a mere day early!
It is so wonderful to think that if the baby were delivered this week everything would be ok in the long run. Afterall I was born this week and I weighed less than our little peanut does and look at me! Now, I want you to bake longer little one so do not get any ideas! It is also hard to believe you are almost 5 lb and next week you will be plenty over 5 lb. Wait...I take that "hard to believe" part back..because if you were to see me or even be in my shoes you would believe it. I have to say I feel as if Baby B is running out of room and I hate to break it to you sweet pea, but your residency in my belly has a eviction date that is approaching. You will be getting an eviction notice sooner rather than later as my body I do not think can stretch any more and you are taking up a whole lotta room! But..you are worth it! I am finding it harder to roll over at night..hence sleepless nights, get up out of chairs..hence Chris having to provide a helping hand, my body is swelling like you would not believe..can I bring swolleness back into style?!, and bending over is impossible....hence my missed spots of hair on my legs after I shave! Oh and how can I forget, just getting around is becoming more and more difficult, uncomfortable and just exhausting..hence my constant huffing and puffing! BUT..with all that said I would not trade a second of it and to know that just means you are growing big and healthy is worth every huff and puff! Although I have to say I never understood why most pregnant women towards the end said they were just "done". Well now I do! I no longer get the eyes of strangers looking at me in aww and the "ohh, when are you due" questions. I now get looks and head tilts that say "oh honey, how much longer, I feel for you". And if I get one more person tell me I am about to pop, I may pop them one!
But in all honesty, I can not believe how close we are getting. On one hand 4-5 weeks sounds like nothing, but on another I feel as if it is SO far away! People keep telling me how close we are but in some sense I feel the farthest I ever have. I do have to say I want to make the most of these next few weeks with Chris and friends and family. There are also things I still want to get done. I think the other day it "hit" me. I was looking at a calendar and when I saw we could potentially only have 4 or 5 weekends left together before everything changes I freaked out a little. I all of a sudden started thinking of all I wanted to get done and started thinking of how I wanted to squeeze in many dates with Chris and alone time before we are not alone. Is that normal? Please do not misunderstand me. All I have ever wanted was a child and I prayed and cried for one for months so I am SO excited and counting down but I think I hit panic mode and started to think about how things are about to change. For the better i know, but I think I just started thinking, "oh my, I am going to be in charge of another person forever and I just hope I can live up to the task at hand and be the mother I have dreamed of being". Does that make sense? If not, blame it on the hormones!
On a separate note, Friday was my last day of work due to my bp. Meds do not seem to be controlling it enough and with my headaches, swelling and bp being unsteady, rest at home seems best. It is not full bed rest, but I need to stay off my feet as much as possible and rest. So I will have much more time to post on here! I will discuss my feelings of "bed rest" another day. Luckily my mom is coming up this week to spend time with me and help get things done and I have many friends at home for maternity leave so I plan on having company, resting, getting caught up on trashy tv, reading, writing and enjoying quiet time before I no longer have quiet time. Or so I have been advised to do that! Lets see how I do! All I know is I can not wait for the next 4 weeks to be over and it will be weird not having to work til the end of August.
Baby shower post tomorrow and lots of posts I have been wanting to do coming in the next 4 weeks!


No comments:
Post a Comment