Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tic Tock Goes the Clock

We had our 37 week appointment today. Good news is baby and mom look great! And there is no bad news because each day the baby can "bake" longer is good news, but bad news for my body..we wait another week! Like I said, deep down this makes me super happy to know he/she is healthy and will benefit from staying longer, but my poor body is desperate for a break! Sleep is pretty much gone and comfort is LONG gone! I am uncomfortable all the time, swollen, and lets just say I am starting to ache and have pains in places I never knew I could. It is crazy how your body prepares for this! But the most important thing is baby and I are doing great. So I go back next Thursday for my 38 week appointment and if I am dilated 3 cm (DOUBTFUL!) then I will go to the hospital that day. If not, we will set a date for the following week and work with what we got! All I know is this baby needs to drop and I need to dilate; otherwise we could be looking at a 36 hr. labor..those were words straight out of Dr. M's mouth. Yikes! The baby is very high he said...when he checked me he claimed he was basically having to reach to my tonsils to feel the head. Sorry for the graphic details, but I thought it was funny.
So please Baby B, I know I have made it cozy for you and you want to stay there, but lets make this easy on you and me...please drop!! I promise I will make it warm, cozy and safe in my arms or your dad's arms and you will be so loved...just trust us!
And dear body..please hang in there! Not much longer. I feel like each day you bring on a new ache or pain, but hang in there and help get that baby ready. Ok? Thanks!
So here is to watching the hours, minutes, seconds go by until next Thursday.
On a brighter note the sun FINALLY came out in Ohio. I was starting to think we may need to move. It has rained for weeks and now the sun has completely changed my mood and spirit. Sadly, the 10 forecast calls for all rain, so I am going to enjoy the 1 day we get. Just pitful, this weather! Funny this weather falls on Cinco De Mayo. This makes me want nothing more than a patio, chips and queso, and a BIG margarita! Oh, I love those old fiesta days! Turns out my own patio with some water will have to do..but hey the sun is out so I am happy!
Happy Fiesta day to you!

1 comment:

  1. eeeeeeeeeeeeek I can NOT wait to find out what you're having and spoil Baby B!!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete