Baby's now the size of a watermelon!
Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).
Hard to believe I am 9 months pregnant. The other night Chris and I were reminiscing about the morning we found out I was pregnant. And we both said that in some ways it seems forever ago and in others it seems like just yesterday. I feel it has gone by very fast! The first 12 weeks were very slow as I was very scared of losing this baby. Then from about 12-20 had some slow weeks and some fast weeks. But from 20 on, it has FLOWN! Going to the dr. weekly since week 25 and twice a week since week 33 has probably helped with that feeling. Either way I can not believe we could have a baby as soon as next week. I am thinking it will be the week after next because I doubt I am dilated, but we will find out Thursday.
I am so excited we made it to 37 weeks!! There were times that I was scared with my blood pressure issues. Dr. M said the big milestones were 32, 34 and 37..well we made them! This one causes for the biggest celebration as you are fully developed little one and now you are just baking to fine tune everything even more! I can tell I am getting closer because all my dreams are consuming you now..well when I dream. Seems as if sleep is hard to come by these days thanks to my big belly, restless legs, carpal tunnel syndrome and inability to get comfortable. But I know it is just mother nature's way of getting me ready. I guess your dad is in for a bigger shock!
I am praying my belly does not get much bigger..or I should say I can not imagine it getting bigger. It is so hard to believe your body can stretch the way it does. Recently I have also gotten a bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome. In the morning it feels like I have arthritis so bad. My hands and joints just hurt. I can not straighten my fingers or bend them and my fingers snap if I try. Chris the other morning witnessed them snap and thought it was so weird. The pain is bad enough it wakes me up at night. And to top that, my left hand is constantly going numb all day long. I guess it is all from the water retention and swelling. I envy the girls that do not swell. I have to say the first half of this pregnancy was a breeze, but the second has had its bumps. And I thought my troubles ended once we got pregnant! But I take it all with a smile because it is all worth it and I wouldn't ask for anything else than to be pregnant, even if it comes with everything else!
And I am thinking you may be a girl. I don't really know and my feelings about it change every other day. But I crave sweets like crazy and they say girls suck the beauty out of you....and between my swelling and now stretch marks (which are very minimal and faint and interestingly enough are caused by hormones, not stretching) you are either a girl or a boy going against all the old wives tales! And in regards to the stretch marks...I saw them on my right side about a week ago and am praying they do not get darker or bigger..please Lord! I have heard they go away though, fingers crossed!!
Happy Tuesday yall! I am off to celebrate 37 weeks with an NST!

No comments:
Post a Comment