How your baby's growing:
Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
My little sweet pea you are doing a great job of "baking" longer! It is great to know you are most likely coming close to 7 pounds!! Dr. M says it's very typical for high blood pressure babies to be a little under average, but hey..in the 6 lb or 7 lb range is perfect to us! And as far as eyes, I have been told if neither your mom or dad has brown then you will not have brown. So I am guessing you will either be blue, hazel or green. My guess is blue. And for hair..well that is a toss up! I was a bleach blonde baby until I was about 3 I think and your dad had blonde hair with some red. My family has dark hair but all started as blondes. Your dad's family has brown and red in it...so it is a toss up! You could be blond, brown (dark or light) or even red.or maybe no hair at all! Either way, you will be beautiful to us always.
So it seems as if my "aches and pains" are contractions! Today my NST showed I am having mild contractions, but they are not coming in a timely pattern or strong enough. The nurse said this could continue for weeks or a few days. There is just no way of telling! Her guess, since I am not dilated much, is that it could be weeks. Lets hope not! And I want to brag about you with the past few NST's. Seems like you have figured out that you need to "show off" or at least participate to make it easier on yourself..aka avoid the buzzer! The past 2 weeks the nurse always says.."what a good baby" because you move a lot and do exactly what you are suppose to do! Ahh you make me so proud! I have also figured out if I drink apple juice during it, it gives you a little head start! But either way, thank you! I hated worrying about your movements and I really hated when they would buzz you!
It also seems as if my body is giving me a run for my money lately. The theme to this pregnancy I have decided is "Against All Odds". See it started with when we conceived you. We had many troubles getting you, so that alone was against the odds. But once did conceive you, my progesterone was LOW...I mean real low so the nurses warned me I probably did not ovulate or have a good ovulation so not to get my hopes up. Well, 10 days later I got a positive on that test! I did ovulate and YOU beat the odds! Then with my first blood work, my hormone levels came back low so we were warned I could miscarry..you beat the odds again! Let me tell you how worrisome those few days were! Then at our 6 week ultrasound the Dr. told us you were measuring small and your hear rate was slow and to take it day by day but know it could mean I would miscarry. I was scared to death and so worried but you pulled through! It was so hard to sit back and just let the Lord do what he had planned. I cried a lot after that appointment. So see little one, you already had me worried over you at a mere 6 week! Next, at 25 weeks we started noticing my blood pressure creeping up. This is not you..this is where my body comes into play. Only 6 to 8 percent of women experience this. Well give myself a check for falling into that small category. But that is ok, we dealt with it and YOU stayed strong! You are a tough cookie! Then I developed carpal tunnel syndrome which about 20 percent of women get while pregnant. Check mark there. And finally, this past week my body wanted to just be able to say "I did that too" and added PUPPPS onto its list. PUPPPS is basically an allergic reaction to pregnancy (yes I feel like a super mom saying I am allergic to my pregnancy that is carrying this baby) that about 1 percent of women get. Insert check mark here. It causes no harm to baby or mom thankfully, but causes a very painful itchy rash on the belly that can spread across the body. Luckily mine is on my belly only..dare I speak too soon? When I say painfully itchy, I mean chicken pox, worst case of poison ivy itchy. It allowed me 3 hrs of sleep last night because I was itching so bad. Not to mention it is down right gross looking. I am hoping for some relief with cortisone cream. I can not take the itching anymore! Not to mention when you have carpal tunnel in your hands, it makes itching quite interesting. But enough on my soap box. The weather is gorgeous and we are having a patio night (finally!) with our neighbors. The good Lord must have known I needed some sunshine and heat (yes I got burnt yesterday) to be able to keep my spirits up and to keep me smiling right now. These "challenges" are making these last few weeks HARD but I know it will be worth it and will not even matter the second I hold you. And although this pregnancy has not been easy by any means, I would d it all over again. Every heartache trying to get you, ever fear, every tear, every scare from the Dr., and even every NST. Although I pray the Dr. puts me out of my misery and sets a date Thursday, I know he will do what is best for you and that is all that matters.
So over all Baby B, you defied all odds and stayed in my belly longer than most people, including me and your Doctor, thought you would and that is something to celebrate and be SO proud of. I can tell you are a fighter and you are placed here for a reason. You probably have a stubborn streak like your mom and dad but that and your toughness has proven strong these 9 months. We may have been scared at times..okay many times..over these past 9 months, but it goes to show you probably were just sitting back and saying "geez, chill out mom and dad!".


No comments:
Post a Comment