Then Saturday, for the second time in 2 days, I noticed quite a bit of um how do I say this..leakage? Not to be graphic but enough to trickle down my legs. So after much debate, texting friends about it, googling and calling my mom and Dr. from home, I came to the conclusion to call my Dr. Now you ask why did I hesitate? Well, I did not want to be one of those neurotic women that call over everything. But I am learning as a first time mom it is just to hard to judge what your body is doing and feeling. But after reading it could be a tear in the sack and amniotic fluid could be leaking I decided it was best to call. So I called and the Dr. on call called me right back after paging him. After asking him if I should be concerned he directed me straight to L & D at the hospital. Now, I have to mention Chris was out with a friend that morning figuring it would be one of his last mornings to go shooting, so when I called him and said the Dr. wants me to come in he simply responded "now?" and when I said "no Chris, tomorrow" (yes hormones have made me extra grumpy, moody, emotional..you get the picture, lately) he said "oh ok what time tomorrow". After explaining to him exactly what was going on he rushed straight home. And no our bag was not really packed yet so I quickly threw things together just in case. Now, I did not think this was "it" at all so I was very calm. Chris on the other hand seemed a little nervous and just plain excited. It was very cute and I loved witnessing his excitement. Everything he learned on the hospital tour went straight out the window! So it was a great practice run!
So to make a long story short, it turns out it was just my mucus plug. But ever since that appointment I have been having mild contractions, so maybe things will start moving. I am by no means getting my hopes up, but something is definitely going on because for the past 2 days, especially at night, I find myself quite uncomfortable with these pains. And yes, I know these can last for weeks..but I am praying my Dr. stays true to his word and picks an induction date for next week.
So although I never really got my hopes up, it made the entire thing seem SO real and made me want the real thing to get here..and fast! It was such a tease. It is hard to imagine we will be doing that all over again, but for real, very soon! But I have to say very soon still seems very far away. I now understand why the end is the worst. I am not sleeping, very emotional, and very uncomfortable. So yes, that was our excitement Saturday. I think it became very real for both Chris and I and it only upped our excitement and anxiousness!
After all that excitement, we figured we better pack our bag for real and spend a nice evening together in case its the last for a while!
Sunday we spent mother's day with Chris's family for a wonder day! It was gorgeous here so we were finally able to sit outside! We also went to see Something Borrowed , which was GREAT! I highly recommend going to see it and I even more recommend reading the books..I read the entire series last summer! Talk about addicting! After the movie we had a nice dinner. It was a terrific day! Hope your weekend was as fun as ours :)
I plan on trying to post something each day this week..just in case. So stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment