How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
And Yes, Baby Brown is active!! We see elbows and legs moving across my belly daily!
Hard to believe Baby Brown is about 3 and a half pounds! And according to my books he or she is about to head into a big growth spurt and will gain about half a pound each week from here on out! Hard to believe at most we are 9 weeks away. And according to my Dr. who wants to deliver around 38 weeks we are just a mere 7 weeks away! Which means 7 weekends to get things done and to enjoy being a family of 2 for a bit longer.
Usually when I encounter strangers they look at me and say "aww, how far along are you?". But not now, just in the last week I have started getting "how much longer do you have left?". Which obviously means I must be getting close, and bigger. Now, when I start to get those sympathetic looks from women that say I've been there, or hang in there, or poor thing..then I know I am real close! And I have to think I will somewhat miss this special time in my life. I will definitely miss people giving up their seats at restaurants while waiting or strangers opening up doors, or just being extra spoiled (although I am spoiled most days even not pregnant) and having a reason to take it easy a lot. And I will miss most feeling our little sweet pea move all around all the time. BUT, none of those out weigh my anxious feeling and excitement to have this baby. I simply CAN NOT WAIT to have this baby! This morning I was watching reruns of a Baby Story on TLC (and crying of course) and I still find it so hard we will soon be going through the journey of delivering our child. I still can not picture us doing that...as if I will be pregnant forever. So while I will miss things about this stage, I am way more excited about holding and spoiling our little peanut and showing him/her to the world and starting our new life as a new family and entering in a new love I can not even imagine right now. And lets face it...getting out of breath all the time, not sleeping well, being exhausted all the time and having a hard time getting around is getting old!! So yes I will make the most of these next 7 or 8 weeks but I am counting down!
This week I am on Spring Break..wahoo!! So I will be posting more this week! Pictures and updates from my wonderful shower my mother in law Patty threw are coming next!! It was such a special and memorable shower and I absolutely can not wait to share all the details!! It was so special and full of so much love.
So other than watching Baby Story reruns, sifting through all of our shower goodies and being lazy, I plan on visiting my girl friends Lindsey, Megan and Lori and their new babies to get my friend and baby fix. And hopefully another trip to the hospital to meet my girlfriend Katie's new baby that is due today!! I have been ordered not to do anything around the house..so hopefully I can have some self control and avoid the long to do list staring at me on the fridge!
Happy Tuesday Yall!


Ahhh! I can't believe Baby B will be here in 7ish weeks-I can. not. wait. to meet him/her! I also can't wait for lunch tomorrow!!! xoxo.
ReplyDelete