Saturday, March 26, 2011

In Like A Lamb..Out Like a Lion

Isn't that how the saying goes for March? Either way, that is how it goes in my eyes! Weather and health speaking. Or at least my spring break seems this way! Spring break started with weather in the 60s and now it is ending in the 30s..yuck! Enough of this winter already! And spring break started with a well rested feeling and now I am anything but rested. Seems as if a horrible, terrible, no good cold has hit me HARD! Like a Lion! My chest hurts (burns to be exact) and I have a deep cough that makes it even more painful..with wheezing breathing. And if that was not enough my head and entire body aches. I can not remember the last time I felt this sick. And I think it makes it harder knowing I can not take much for it and the fact my immune system is down does not help. But enough of me complaining. I just hope I feel better soon, work will be miserable feeling like this! Lucky for me I have a puppy to love on and a husband that is spoiling me to help me feel better..well and a few chick flicks to help along the way!
But my spring break was fast and great..up until a few days ago at least! It was spent resting, relaxing and doing much of nothing! I was going to try and get things done around the house but figured we have plenty of time and my body needed rest! I was also able to visit and do lunch with Momma Perks and her adorable little boys. We also were able to go to the park. Now momma Perks is such a wonderful friend, wife and mom. I admire her in so many ways. She has a 19 month old and a 6 week old! Both adorable and sweet and cute as can be boys! She is such a great mom, probably why her boys are so easy going! I am already taking notes on how she is so at ease and just the way she is. And I have asked her about a million questions all of which I have kept mental notes on too! I am sure I will have more for her but I appreciate her so much as a dear friend and as a mom. She is the best!
I also was able to squeeze in a visit with Megan and her little new guy Peyton who is too cute for words! She is also doing such a wonderful job at being a new mommy. She is so laid back and is such a natural! Probably why Peyton is doing so well too! I have also asked her a bunch of questions and plan on having her be a go to mom for help! I lucked out with Sarah and her 5 month old son being there too, so I got some extra little boy lovin' and mommy advice! I am so lucky to have so many great girlfriends to look up to and go to for advice. They have all already helped ease my worries and answer questions. After all, I do have about 14 pregnant friends or friends that have had babies in the past 6 months...all but 2 are boys so far! Looks like we will be having a lot of fun play dates and mommy get togethers in the future! What a fun time to go through with all my good girl friends! If we have a boy he will already have a ton of friends to rough house with..and if it is a girl, well Chris will be extra protective knowing many of these boys daddys!

No comments:

Post a Comment