Sunday, March 6, 2011

I think I can, I think I can

**See why I do not want to get up in the mornings?! She sleeps curled above my head every night

**Layla lovin on my preggo pillow...best invention ever and my other sleeping buddy, besides Layla. Poor Chris has 1/3 of the bed..if he is lucky!
2 work weeks until a much deserved week off! Spring break is a mere 10 school days away and I could not be counting down more. This spring break will be a little different than spring breaks in the past. In high school, the days were filled loading up cars and heading down to the beach in FL for a not so restful week of fun in the sun with girl friends. Then in college, most of my spring breaks were filled with going home to Georgia to see my family and friends. And even then it was not so restful as many nights were late nights with friends, or visiting colleges to see them. And days were spent shopping and hanging out with my family. Even after college, I often tried my hardest to get home for this week as I always miss my family dearly so any opportunity to head down south was usually taken advantage of. And even last year we went to Hocking Hills and rented a cabin with some friends for a crazy week! This coming spring break however is very different! I am looking forward to sleeping in, taking naps, organizing the nursery (over and over again), and just relaxing! It would be an understatement to say the 3rd trimester exhaustion has settled in. I am tired ALL. THE. TIME. And I know it will not change for the next 18+ years so a week full of just me time and time to rest will be heavenly. Plus I imagine spring breaks from here on out may be even more different! Hopefully I can still make it home to GA for the week in the future..well until I am then worrying about my teenager taking trips..but none will be full of a silent week of resting! So while I will not be pulling out the sun dresses and bikinis (thank God, right?!..who wants to see a 7 month preggo lady in a bathing suit..pale preggo lady at that!), and gathering up tanning lotion and heading to the beach..or packing up and gearing up for a fun week at home with family (which I will miss most definitely this year)...I am just as anxiously awaiting a week of having nothing to do! Well except day dream about the baby in my belly and snuggle with my other baby..see pictures above! Miss Layla is always anxiously awaiting to have her momma home with her for a week of spoiled rotten attention that will be headed her way!


Those of you that do not know my relationship with my dog, it is probably quite sickening to witness. She is my baby and child. Probably why she acts like a baby! She is my shadow and my number one snuggler. I love her more than words can say and can't wait to spend more time with her as I have felt so bad that I have been busy and not able to walk her as much..or take her to swim! Have I mentioned how much I can not wait to see her with a little brother or sister?! I know..if I already feel guilty going to work and leaving her everyday I do not know how I will do it with Baby B!


Let the count down begin for a spring fever for spring break! Spring Break 2011 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment