Monday, December 13, 2010

It's the busy, busiest season of all!




We have been very busy the past few weekends which is making December go by like the blink of an eye. Which only gets me thinking that after the holidays and New Year, from January to May will also be a blur! I know it was that way after the holidays until our wedding. Which brings me to the fact that I am starting to get...um, what do they call it..the "nesting" itch?! I have come up with a to do list about a mile long that I want to get done (or that Chris needs to get done) before Baby B, and all of a sudden, yes even though there is 5 months left, to get it done asap! There was the holiday rush with all the typical to do's but this year I felt more domesticated and determined to get our home spic and span and ready for guests. This includes more cleaning, more decorating and more baking. 8 hours of baking 10 different kinds of cookies with friends to be exact! And when I say friends, I mean 3 dear friends who endured the weather to come to my annual cookie party. Everyone else (rightfully so!) declined due to the icy, snowy mess that occurred ALL. DAY. But it made for a beautiful, magical and special day of music, cookies and good times..oh and sparkling cider for me! :) I also went all out with decorations, and our 12 foot tree! Not an inch does not feel like Christmas. I just love our house this time of year. Every night we have been lighting up our house, lighting candles and the fire place and just drinking it all in...it truly feels so magical this year. The snow does not hurt either! I also have decided to try my creative hand with artsy touches and gifts...notice I said "try". Now, my Christmas to do list is dwindling, however there is still a lot to do before all of our guests start arriving this weekend!
Which now brings me to what we refer to as "baby do list". Which most of it is on Chris, but I am trying to help as much as possible! It is a lot of organizing, building new shelving for our closet, painting and simple tasks like that...just time consuming. I am proud to say we have 3 crossed off. With the latest being the daunting task for my sweet husband of painting our bedroom! Now our bedroom is large. It is a big room and the walls are tall and its all topped off with a trade ceiling. So it took Chris about 8 hours to do it all...but he did an AMAZING job! It looks awesome and I am so excited! Pictures to come soon! Our next item on the list is to start the nursery which Chris plans on painting the week after Christmas since he is off all the same days I am! We have bedding and plans for the room, so I am thrilled and so anxious to start! Pictures also to come soon!
So between Christmas to do lists, Baby to do lists and my itch to clean clean clean and chip away at our lists and just nest we have managed to squeeze in some dinners with friends, parties and a wedding. Above is our Christmas picture and then a picture of us at a wedding we attended last weekend. Which can I just note that now I understand why people say weddings are not as much fun for moms to be?! Lets just say I did not do much dancing and I was tired before the bouquet was even tossed!
But all in all, it has been the perfect holiday season with many new memories and so much to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment