Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Blissful Sound of the Heart Beat!

Today I had my 17 week check up! Even though most women say it is nothing special and just a normal check up, I. Love. Them. I countdown until each appointment and get so excited the day of and find myself counting down the hours like my students are currently doing for Christmas! And after the brief 10 minute appointment my countdown starts all over again. It is funny, before this experience I would go to the doctor (fertility specialist) any where from 2 times a month to 4 times a month and let me tell you, I hated it! But now I highlight and put stars around my appointment date and time! I think this all because each time I am able to hear the heartbeat I feel that much closer to Baby B and I feel like there really is a living baby in my belly! It feels like a special bond..as if I am saying "hi, I hear you and I love you and am SO happy you are growing big and strong" and the baby is saying "hi mom, I am here heart beating away and growing!".
Not to mention, I love my Dr. He is the best! He makes me laugh and puts me at ease and somehow has a way of making me feel like I am his first and only pregnant patient. He makes me feel special and seems so excited for us, even though he deals with pregnant ladies all day long. And I think he is starting to get my personality too...after all he did laugh at me when I told him I electricuted myself on the Christmas lights and was worried. No worries, Baby B is good to go, Dr. said his/her hair may just be standing up a little ;).
Any ways, over all I just love each and every time I go to the Dr. He is great and feeling closer to our baby is even greater! Baby Brown had a strong heart beat this time of 154 bpm!
So now the countdown starts til the next appointment...3 weeks and counting! And I will probably be over the moon anxious and excited for this one as it is "the Big" ultrasound!!

1 comment: