Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pregnancy 1 vs. Pregnancy 2

Seems as if the most common question (other than "so, how far apart will they be?!") these days is "is your pregnancy different this time?". And for the most part so far I have to say not really. Now, if you recall, I had many of the less than 20% chance problems occur in my last 15 weeks of pregnancy but up until that point my pregnancy was easy. So, I am hoping this time those problems do not occur and it is all smooth sailing, but I am being realistic and planning for them anyways. I want to enjoy this pregnancy and soak it in, but it is going SO fast...that is the biggest difference. Morgan's was super slow and this one is flying! However, if having all of those issues mean getting a healthy baby in return like Morgan, then I say bring them on! In other words, I would do it all over again as the end result was more than worth it and it all was still a magical journey. But up until this point, I have felt fairly well. Now, I have had all the "staple" pregnancy symptoms, but I consider those good signs! For about 3 weeks I felt fairly nausea and even got sick twice (which I never did with Morgan, I just had a lot of dry heaving). And I of course have had the exhaustion and am just now feeling like I have my energy back. I do have to use the restroom a lot more, but I think that is because this is pregnancy 2! Which is also the excuse that I am using for developing the bump so much sooner and getting back into those maternity pants WAY sooner! Looking back at pictures, I looked how I look now at like 22 weeks, yikes! I think as I was peeing on the stick I was growing a bump it seemed like. It was almost immediate I started showing, which means it was immediate I had to "hide" it for a while. Even Chris noticed how much sooner I started showing. The good news is, it has slowed down. Thank goodness! Isn't it funny, the first time around I think I pushed my stomach out because I was desperate to see any sign of a baby and now I think to my self "oh no I am going to be huge at this rate!". Although I have to say, I was not quite to where I wanted to be weight wise when I got pregnant, so why not just go back into stretchy pants? I do like the stretchy pants! I am however trying to work out more this pregnancy as I am determined to not gain as much weight. So far I am doing pretty good, I work out about 3 times a week! I have been emotional, but not as emotional as I was with Morgan, maybe that is to come...lucky Chris! I have had the crazy dreams, the mushy brain and the "weird" effects on the body....some again I will not mention but if you are a woman and have had a baby you know what I am talking about! As far as cravings, I craved juice and sweets like it was the last thing to eat on earth. I am not sure why I thought she was a boy as I fit all the girls wives tales. This time, I do not have any strong cravings yet but I have craved blueberries and buffalo sauce (not together, thank goodness). I am also starting the juice thing again, but trying to use self control! As far as looks, I will let you be the judge but other than being "bigger" at this point I am carrying low right now just as I did with Morgan but I feel like its in my hips and butt...where Morgan was in my hips. Err, so maybe the hips are just left over? That is why I am thinking BOY for right now!!! Which again means nothing as I thought Morgan was a boy, with the exception of about 3 weeks, and even thought she was a boy up until the moment she was born. Another difference is I felt this baby move WAY earlier (about 14 weeks!)! It is not as often yet but it was just as special and glorious. There is no better feeling than feeling a life move inside you. I. LOVE. IT. It reminds me of the life I am supporting and taking care of and how much I already love him/her. The moment I felt her/him move is when our bond and connection became even stronger. That mother/child bond. Simply love.
The biggest difference this pregnancy is not symptoms or how I look, but the experience. It is so weird the second time around. I don't know if it is because I know what having a baby is like or if it's because I am super busy taking care of another baby but the experience is different the second time around. Don't get me wrong it is JUST as wonderful, JUST as exciting, JUST as special, and JUST as miraculous but just different. With Morgan I spent every second of every day thinking about the pregnancy and day dreaming about the baby. Now, I think about this baby often and day dream about this baby but I think more of having the baby and holding the baby more than I do about the actual pregnancy and I can relate to having a baby now, not just dream about so I know the emotions and excitement that go with it. And lets face it, with working and taking care of Morgan I am a busy momma! I also worry about this baby's health even more than I did Morgan's. I am not sure if it is because I realize how lucky and fortunate we are to have 1 healthy baby and how much of a miracle that is, so I think what makes us that lucky to have 2 healthy babies, or if it is the fact I am just a worrier, but I have already started worrying. That's the worst part of pregnancy! But I am SO excited to meet this baby. I think about the hospital experience and meeting this miracle every day and get goose bumps and just can not wait for August to get here. Thinking about meeting our little baby, Morgan's little sibling, our little angel just makes me so excited I can not stand it! I can't believe we get to expand our hearts again and give this much love to another tiny human. This morning I was laying in bed and had my hand on my belly and was just talking to the little peanut telling him/her about the world awaiting him/her and how we just can not wait to meet him/her. But the guilt of a mother of two has started already. I blogged about Morgan every blog post, every week...this is only my second post about Baby Brown 2.0. I had a scrap book started already for Morgan...I have the pictures but have not started yet...note to self, must get started! I hear this is normal, but boy is the guilt strong. Please know Baby B, I LOVE YOU just as much as your sister and you are already our miracle and our pride and joy and we can not wait to meet you and love on you. I have your ultrasound pictures on my bedside and I look at them numerous times a day. So you may not get as many blog posts or as fancy of a scrap book, but that in no means is a measure of my love for you!! Yesterday, your sister and I went shopping and already bought you some special outfits and blankets! I could not believe how tiny they are, sad how fast you forget! But I just couldn't help but stare and admire them and get so excited to meet you! I love you sweet bean!!
So there you have it, pregnancy comparisons. I am sure they will change and I will document it all (or try to!). Happy beautiful Sunday friends!
It is 65 out and not a cloud in the sky! Chris and I had the stomach flu (yes so hard while pregnant) and have not eaten or gotten out of the house really in 4 days so we are hitting up the zoo with a special big sister and enjoying the blessed day with our perfect little family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment