Here are the top 10 tidbits about you for 10 months!!
10. You are still a little peanut but healthy as can be. You weigh 14 and a half pounds and are 26 inches long. So first and 5 th percentile. But you are full of love and character!! You are in size 6 month clothing or 6-9 month and size 2 diapers.... this is the longest stretch for diapers and clothes. We need to go shopping for you as the seasons are changing and you need some spring 6 month and 9 month clothes. Yay I love shopping!!
9. We have always known you are smart and many people (even strangers) often comment on how observant and smart you are but this month we learned just how smart and stubborn you are. Even your pediatrician said "wow you have an extremely smart and stubborn girl, that is a lethal combination for mom and dad".! You see this month all of a sudden you decided you would rather have food than formula and so. You just started rejected formula. Now you are close to being done with formula but little girl you are too small to give it up yet completely! You would eat food all day but you held out with formula. You would only eat z14 oz and starve instead of eating it. I of course was a nervous mess! I tried silly cups, different kinds of formula, mixing it, everything! After many worried calls to the dr they brought you in and told us you knew how to play us out! You stinker! So we were told to hold out on food and you would give in. Well they were right! We held out on food and you drank 30 oz of formula the whole weekend! We are now phasing food back in and you are happy about that. In addition you are getting your top 2 teeth so you want more finger foods! You love all food, which great and you want anything your dad or I have!
8. You still love sleep girlfriend. You take 2 long naps (2 hours or more each) and about 12 hours at night. I keep praying we luck out like this with your brother or sister.
7. You are a cruising fool! You cruise people, furniture and even furniture to furniture. You also learned how to climb stairs! So gates are up and baby proofing is in the works. You are a girl on the move and love to go go go. I am just waiting for you to let go of the furniture to realize you can walk on your own. You are close as you are fast and cruise with 1 hand often.
6. Because you are on the move and love to be miss independent, you sometimes get frustrated which has led to a fake whine or cry to get what you want. We are working on this one!
5. You are still so so so very happy and funny. You love to sing, dance, talk and play. You also wave all the time to everyone and often to us if we say "hi!". Your favorite game is peek a boo which you start playing on your own often and will play for 20 min or longer! You play in the car, in bed and everywhere! Your favorite song is ABC and you sing along and dance. Your favorite toy (other than furniture to cruise) is your ABC caterpillar that moves and sings and any toy you can push or move. You also love playing outside and going for walks in strollers which has been great because the weather is beautiful lately.
4. You are so sweet. You love to laugh and talk to us and you love to snuggle. You also just learned to give kisses. It's so cute you kiss open mouthed and also make a smacking noise. You have your special snuggle time with us and you always prefer us to others, which warms my heart that you know who we are. Although your "stranger anxiety" has heightened lately. If I am around and then leave your vision you become upset and if I am around you would rather me hold you. If I am not around you are perfectly fine, so I just take this as you are a momma's girl ;)!
3. Speaking of being smart, your receptive language has started booming lately. As far as I can tell you understand many words, and you probably even understand more than I think you do. You understand, although not always listen to, the word "no". You often stop and look at us and smirk. We are in trouble! You also understand "yay" (you clap when you hear it), "kiss", "hi", "bye bye", "mama", "dada", "Layla", "splash" (you will splash in the tub), "book", "baba" (bottle). You also say "mama", "dada" and you attempt at "book" and "layla". You also babble many other consonant vowel combos but those are the ones you associate correctly!
2. You love playing with kids. I think this comes from being at the sitters all day with other little ones. You just stare at amazement at them and you wave your arms and get super excited when you see kids. You love to interact with them and try to be just like them. Our little neighbors love you and you feel the same way. I see many back yard play dates in our future!
1. You continue to be the sunshine of our lives and the best thing that has ever happened to us. I just wish time would slow down!!
Love you little bug!

No comments:
Post a Comment