Baby Brown 2.0 has quite the story, just like Morgan did! And although they are very different, they each are just as unique and just as special to us and just as memorable. Clearly we were not "trying" like we were with Morgan (meaning no infertility treatments, artificial
insemination's, drugs,
ect) as a matter of fact I had not even had a period or cycle after Morgan was born so this baby truly is also a miracle. Back in December I went to see my OB (wonderful Dr. M..
yay for getting to spend another 9 months with him!) for my yearly and he decided to run blood work just to check my levels. Little did we know that baby Brown 2.0 was just conceived. Well turns out my insulin was once again high and so I was put back on
metformin and was told to induce my own period every 8 weeks to keep my body healthy if I did not get the gift from mother nature on my own. He told us that this should help jump start my cycles but if not when we were ready to try we could come back in to discuss what we needed to do. I was not phased by this as another baby was not quite in our forethought just yet. Chris and I had said after all we went through to get Morgan that we wanted our kids close in age and we really just assumed (yes I know what people say about people who "assume") that since I had not had a period or a normal cycle that we would have to go down the same road we went down to get Morgan when we were ready to have another baby join our family. Well little did we know the Lord (and the body) works in mysterious ways! We had decided we were going to start "trying" for another baby around Morgan's first birthday, so it is not that we were not ready for another baby, we just weren't trying yet. Well remember my Christmas story with the hectic but wonderful travels? Yes, this baby was a Christmas discovery and it was the best Christmas gift Chris or I could have ever imagined. But let me back up some on just how we "found out" about our little bean! The Friday before Christmas my mom had her annual Christmas party (one of my favorite traditions) and this one was special because she invited everyone and was so excited to show off her granddaughter. Needless to say I was up all night with a very close girlfriend (one of my only
gf's who can get me to stay up ALL NIGHT)! After about 3 bottles of wine and staying up way too late, lets just say I did not feel so great the next day...which was Christmas Eve! Well Christmas day I still did not feel "right" and I was very bloated. I just assumed it was from all of my fun and did not think much about it. Now, since I had not had a true cycle, I periodically took pregnancy tests but never thought much of it, I just wanted to be sure. As I mentioned earlier, we flew to Texas for 3 days after Christmas to visit Chris's grandmother who was ill. The day after Christmas I still was not feeling right and thought to myself I probably should just take a test to be sure, but I did not think anything of it. I thought so little of it I sent Chris out to the store to get wine and beer with his cousins (who we were staying with) while I stayed at the house with Morgan and to take "the test". Well lets just say my night of fun before Christmas was my last of that kind for a while! The test came up with a bright positive right away! My heart did skip a few beats and I had to clear my eyes quite a bit! With Morgan I got negative test after negative test for months and it took some heavy duty drugs and
IUI to conceive her so to see a positive that we achieved on our own, without drugs, without planning, without expecting, without "trying", without countless tears and heartbreaks was unknown territory. Was this how it was for most people? This is what normal was like? This is what a random test with a positive feels like? Wow! How easy!! Well I paced the door for what seemed like hours with Morgan in my arms waiting for Chris to return back to his cousins house. As soon as they walked in I handed Morgan to his cousin and said "Chris, I need to talk to you". Which at this point I am sure he was thinking "Shit, what did I do now?". As soon as I pulled him into the room I held the test up and said "Guess what, I am pregnant!". Now I was in shock and a little scared but Chris's reaction was better than winning a million bucks and made my fears subside. He got the biggest smile and became so giddy and said "No way, holy shit, are you serious" then he quickly followed with "this is awesome! This is amazing! How did this happen?" Which I then looked at him and asked him if I really needed to explain. ;) He instantly went on about how great it was we did not have to try, I did not have to spend months crying and how this baby is a miracle. He also called it our "free baby". But he is so right, Baby Brown is a true miracle. After all we went through to get Morgan my body corrected itself and we had another little miracle peanut on the way! And yes, we saved thousands of dollars too. The Lord has blessed us once again! Now I instantly thought, I have had no cycle and have no idea how far along I am. And I freaked out because I had not been taking
prenatals, I had been having some holiday cocktails and was not eating or living a pregnant lifestyle. And so began the worrying. Chris was so giddy he had to tell someone so he told his cousins but we swore them to
seceracy until we knew more. And let me tell you it was hard! We flew back to Georgia 3 days later and I had to tell my family and couldn't wait to tell them. We did not get to tell them about Morgan in person so this was really special for me. I told my mom that we had another gift to give them but she couldn't open it yet but we could tell her. And I will never forget their expressions. Before we could say what it was my brother jokingly said "are you pregnant?" and after I said yes their jaws dropped and excitement consumed their faces. My mom said "oh my gosh!!" and my dad was literally speechless, but very excited. After hugs and congratulations and some jumping up and down we spent the rest of the night talking about what a miracle this baby is and how excited everyone was.
Well the next day I had some spotting, which I know is normal but I did not have this with Morgan (one of the few things I did not have) so I was freaked out to say the least. Luckily one of my best friend's dad is an OB so I called him and he brought me right in and did an ultrasound and we got to see our little peanut! And even though we had been through this just a year ago, it was just as exciting and miraculous. My heart melted and I instantly fell in love, and it seemed more real! It was also great to confirm how far along I was at that point (just 5 weeks, whew!). It also was good because he was able to prescribe me the progesterone medicine I was on with Morgan which I believe is why both of these pregnancies have "stuck". Other than my parents, we decided to only tell Chris's parents for the time being. After we were back and settled we celebrated Christmas with his parents and we decided to wrap up an ultrasound picture and give it to them. It was so funny, when they opened it they said "oh how nice they gave us an us pic of Morgan" and after saying that was not Morgan it clicked that there was another one on the way! They were just as excited and shocked too I think as my family so it was so exciting to share in everyones joy!
Now, I had my first ultrasound with Dr. M at 8 weeks and he just had to laugh when he saw us and said "welcome back!". I know I have said it before, but he literally is the best doctor ever. I owe my health and my baby's health to him and I could not be more thankful to have him in charge of this newest addition. After some joking around we got to get a glimps of our little bean again! THe baby looked healthy as could be however there was another little sack outside of the baby's sack. In fact, he and I thought it could be twins at first until he looked in the sac and saw no baby...again whew. It was a sac filled with blood which could have been caused by many different things. The good thing is this explained my bleed and it is fairly common, but the bad thing is it can cause you to be at a higher risk of miscarriage. So here we went again. And I had just got done swearing to him that I was going to be an easier patient this go around. Guess not! So to monitor the sac and make sure it was growing smaller Dr. M decided to bring me in for an us every 2 weeks until I was in the clear. After this appointment the worrying started and my guard went up. It was a long two weeks to say the least! Luckily I have a very optimistic and positive husband and a baby at home to keep me busy. At our 10 week u/s the sac was way smaller and the baby was way bigger and all looked great so I could finally breath! And at our 12 week ultrasound it was gone and little baby Brown 2.0 was kicking around!! It still takes my breath away to see our baby we created growing and moving around. To think I am growing a life is so miraculous and just crazy.
So there you have it, the story of baby Brown 2.0!
Up next, details of this pregnancy, and even in comparison to my last pregnancy. All the "blissful" and not so "blissful" moments of the first trimester!!
August 27 here we come...and to our little peanut we can not wait to meet you and see who is joining our family!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment