




Each month I say, "I can not believe Morgan is _ months old, where is the time going?!" But this month I am serious. Where is the time going?! I can not believe I have a 4 month old! She feels like she has been part of our lives forever, but I feel like I just left the hospital yesterday with her. BY far it has been the best and fastest 4 months of our lives. Each month I think to myself, wow this month is so much fun it just can not get better than this..and some how it does! And some how my love runs deeper and deeper. I am just filled with so much joy, love and happiness from Morgan. She is my heart and soul. She makes each sunny and she gives my life a whole new purpose and meaning. I thank the Lord each night for the beautiful gift He has given us. Simply amazing! I could go on and on about my love for Morgan or just how happy she makes us but then there would be hours worth of jabber and I would not have even expressed just how much I love her because to be quite frank, words can not describe my love or happiness she brings me. So I will stop rambling! Here is some tidbits about you sweet girl in your 4th month of life!
Stats
At 15 weeks (2 weeks before you actually turned 4 months) you were 9lb 15oz (3rd percentile) and 23 inches (13th percentile). You go tomorrow for your 4 month check up so I will repost! But you my little girl are tiny! You are in size 1 diaper and you are in 0-3 month clothes...and yes a few newborn pieces still fit! And your dad and I LOVE that you are small. We just talked about it last night. We love the fact that since you are small we have been able to feel like we have a "baby" for longer. You are not getting too big too fast! We could keep you this size forever! You will only be so small for so long, so if you are on the small side that is more than ok with us..just means we have a baby for longer!
Eating
This month you recently transitioned to formula. Pumping and working was just too hard and the pediatrician actually thought my breast milk may not have enough calories to it. So since he told me that I did not feel as bad or guilty about stopping. I did cry though and I did feel bad, but you have no seemed to have noticed 1 bit. You suck down your formula milkshake and love every bit. You are eating 5 oz. every 3 hours still so you get 5 to 6 bottles a day, depending on when you wake up and fall asleep. I am thinking you may soon go to 6oz though as you are sucking them down fast! We have not started cereal yet. Your Dr. told us there is no need yet as you're satisfied with just bottles. I am excited to start cereal with you so maybe this month!
Sleeping
You still rock this category! Friends told me month 4 would bring some middle of the night wake up calls but (knock on wood) we have not had that yet. You love your sleep! You go to sleep every night around 8 or 8:30. I have to have more snuggle time with you so I let you sleep on my chest or on the couch with me and daddy until we go to bed then we put you in your crib. You do not even budge during this transition. During the week I usually wake you up between 6:30 and 7:00. I do not have to leave the house until 7:45 but morning time is a special play time for us. On the weekends we let you sleep in and you will sleep in until between 8 and 8:30. No matter if you wake up on your own or if we wake you, you always wake with a huge smile, hands behind your head and legs kicking with excitement to start your day! You then usually take a nap from about 8:00 to 9:30. Then you may take a 30 min. snooze late morning, depending on your morning nap. Then in the afternoon you will snooze off to dreamland from 1:00-3:00 or 3:30. You are great about soothing yourself and falling asleep on your own. During the day we put you in your crib or pack and play and you stare at your mobile and fall asleep. At night, I love to rock you and snuggle so you usually fall asleep on my shoulder. Night time you also seem more needy. Right now you are going through a phase that when you are over tired at night and get fussy I am the only one that can soothe you and put you to sleep. Your poor daddy tries and tries but mommy is the only one to do the trick. I know it hurts your daddys feelings, but I would be lying if I said it did not make me feel special!
Personality
I almost feel embarrassed talking about what a good baby you are. Many people can not believe how good you are! You rarely cry. I mean you may yell or make a fake crying noise when you are hungry and at night if you are over tired you get upset but that is it. You are super sweet. You are a cuddler and snuggler. You are just a sweetie pie. You also love to talk! You are a very chill baby. You go with the flow, sleep anywhere, and adjust to any environment and adjust your schedule to any situation. This makes it easy for daddy and I take you everywhere and do almost anything with you. Your personality is starting to show more and I love it! You love to smile and laugh. You smile all day long. All it takes is someone looking at you and talking to you or just smiling at you and your face lights up. Your smile is big and gummy! It takes up half your face and it is so darn cute! I am thinking you are also a little bashful and shy. After you smile you often turn your head and bury it in your shoulder as if you are blushing and being bashful. You are also very observant. If you are around a lot of people you just love to watch everything going on. You quietly sit with your head on a swivel and just take it all in. And if you are around many people you do not know it is much harder to get a smile. You also are quick and strong! Your babysitter calls you "little lightning" due to this. You flip fast, kick your legs fast, love to stand on your legs grab and pull toys and anything you get your hands on! So over all you are a funny, loving, bashful little girl that is so very happy!
Milestones
This month your big "first" was you rolling!!! At 3 and a half months you rolled from belly to back!!! And once you started, you did not stop!! You love to roll! We place you on your belly and flip you go! And you go fast! It did not shock you or scare you the first time either. In fact, your dad and I both were able to see you do it (happened day before Labor day 9/4) and we both started cheering and clapping and acting as if you just graduated from college and you looked at us like "yea so what, no big deal!". You are way stronger this month too. You can push yourself up with your arms and hold your chest and head up when you are on your belly. You can pull yourself up and stand on your legs just by holding onto our fingertips. You also giggled for the first time this month! This month you grab more toys and other objects and boy do you have a grip...just ask all the missing hair strands from my head! You notice toys more and interact with them. You laugh at them, smile at them and watch them. You also notice Layla more. You now reach for her...watch out Layla!!
New Friends
Well you started your jumperoo so you love all your new jumperoo play friends. But this month you made your first 2 big girl friends!! This month I started work (you have adapted beautifully..mommy is a work in progress!) and you made some new friends at Camp Little People! You go to Justin's house (your sitter) and you have SO much fun every day! He sends us pictures and updates through out your day so I feel like I am with you. He loves on you and plays with you a lot! He has daily focuses for you, art centers, play centers, tons of toys and lots of love! We LOVE him and we are so happy he is taking such good care of you and providing you with so many learning opportunities and so much love. He watches 2 other little girls, Stella and Carly and boy do they love you! When I drop you off they rush over and say "Baby Morgan" and kiss your toes. I have pictures Justin has sent me of them kissing on you, "holding" you and sharing their toys with you. They lay on your playmat with you, give you stuffed animals, talk to you and love on you. You also love them. You smile at them and look at them as if you are hanging on every word they tell you. I would say they are your two best girl friends! Justin also has 2 daughters. They are in school but often are home right before I pick you up. They LOVE you. They make you pictures, play with you, and love on you. They are super sweet with you too. Although it is hard on me to be away, I love the fact you have friends and are learning form them and having so much fun. All the pictures I get are of you smiling and playing. And little girl, it seems like everyone just adores you...how could they not! :)
You are the sweetest little girl and I love you SO SO SO much. Thank you for being such a blessing Morgan!

No comments:
Post a Comment