How can it be?! You are 1/4 of a year old! Where has the time gone?? The days are melting away and the weeks all blur into a flash before my eyes. Many people warned me time would fly by, I guess they were right! You have had quite the exciting 3rd month of life! You had your first airplane flight (which you were an angel on and slept the entire time..thank you for not screaming!), went to Georgia for the first time to visit Yaya and Grandpa (stories and pictures at a later post because it was so much fun it deserves its own post), and had your first visit to the sitters (which you and mommy not only survived, but rocked)! Here are some tidbits about you Morgan!
Growth
We go to the Dr. next week to check your height and weight so I will have those stats next week (yes I was paranoid about your growth so I scheduled a 3 month weight check..first time parent paranoia, so fun!) so I will post that next week. You are still a tiny peanut my friend but you have definitely hit a growth spurt. You fill out your car seat more, feel heavier, have a little leg chub, look longer and you FINALLY fit into 0-3 month clothes like you should. And yes there are a few newborn clothes you can squeeze into but it is about time to pack those away sister. But I am happy to say you got full use of newborn clothes and now you will probably get full use out of 0-3..which is good because you have a closet and 2 dressers full of clothes for you to wear!
Eating
You are still only eating breastmilk..you may get to try cereal next month! You still eat every 3 hours but you always eat at least 4 oz now and usually 2 or 3 bottles you will suck down 5 oz..you go girl!! Obviously did not get mommy's sense of appetite..or lack of I should say!
Sleeping
You LOVE your sleep! You are an amazing sleeper...thank you! We put you down between 8:30 and 9 and usually wake you up around 7 because you start sucking on your hands in your sleep a lot. After you eat at 7 you fall back asleep until about 9:30 or 10:00. I usually either sleep with you in bed during this time or put you back in your crib and get things done around the house. You also nap very well. You nap in the afternoon for about 2 hours and again in the evening/late afternoon for about another 2 hours. You and I usually take one of these naps together :) You rock sister! Although there is a hour in the evening where if you are not in a calm place or already napping you have your "witching" hour! I think you get over tired and fight sleep. And the only thing that will calm you and get you to sleep is if we cuddle you on our shoulder and pat your back. You are still a total cuddler. But all other times you soothe yourself to sleep!
Activity
This month your neck really has become strong. You are small but mighty. You kick and love to stand on your legs with support. We always play...Big girl! You can fully hold your neck up so we started using the bumpo chair..it is quite funny because you look so small in it! Because you can fully support your neck you love to play airplane, bouncy and so much more. Daddy is your big play buddy. The second he comes home he plays with you nonstop and makes you very tired! I can already tell you two are big buddies and always will be. Not to mention how sweet he is on you. You get the biggest smile for him every time you see him. Speaking of playing you now reach for and grab toys! You love your keys, rattles and Sophie the giraffe. You shake them, watch them and then put them all in your mouth. It is so much fun now that you notice toys and reach for them. I can just see your brain focusing on your task at hand. You love to put everything in your mouth, including your clothes. You often pull your dresses over your head and put them in your mouth. Although you do not take a pacifier, you prefer your hands. And little girl, you often try to suck on your whole hand and gag yourself..which makes you then smile. Ahh your smile. Melts my heart a hundred times a day, everyday. You smile ALL. THE. TIME. and it is the best!! Your smile has gotten bigger, it takes up half your face! You also talk a lot. Daddy jokes he can not get a word in edge wise between you, me and Layla (yes she whines). You make lots of vowel/consonant sounds. It is so cute. You jabber away and we talk back. You make funny facial expressions with your stories too. You have started to try and laugh..or we think it sounds like that. YOu smile and make a laugh noise but its just a loud yell almost. We will take it though! You can roll on your side now too, but not over yet. I think you are close!
Friends
Besides my dozen friends who all have little boys who are all your friends, you also have some new ones. Sophie the giraffe, your activity mat buddies, your keys, and your Baby Einstein mobile. I call it your nightly soap opra as it looks like a TV you turn your body towards to watch. But most importantly you made SO many Georgia friends!! Between Aunt Hillary, Yaya Carol, Yaya Laurie, Katie, Jan, Kristin, Lacey, The Lindgrens, and so many more you are loved little girl!
Morgan Lily you fill our lives and hearts with joy we never knew of. Each month is better than the last and I love you deeper each day. You are amazing. You are such a good baby. People always comment, is she always that good? You are just an easy going, chill baby that is always laid back. In fact, your favorite poise is to lay with your hands behind your head like you are on vacation. We love to the moon and back a million times over and just can not get enough of you. I return to work this month so this month will be tough, but I know we will adjust. Thank you for giving me the best 14 weeks of my entire life. I love you!!

I love this update. She is a cutie. Enjoy napping when she naps - that is one of the things I miss most now that I have two!:)
ReplyDelete