Sunday, November 28, 2010

A recap of the past 14 weeks!

So, I have decided to enter the cyber world of blogging! I am going to guess that no one will read this, and that I may not even be that great of keeping up with it (or for that fact even a good writer)...BUT I am going to attempt to document this exciting time in our lives! I have started a scrap book of all ultrasound pictures, baby bump pictures, memorabilia and anything else that can go in a scrap book, however, I need a place to also document my crazy emotions, excitements and dreams for Baby Brown!
So if you are reading this by chance then yes you probably already knew, or can guess that Chris and I are expecting our first child this May!! We could not be more excited or thrilled to welcome our new baby into our family! It was a long and tough journey to Baby Brown (one I will share eventually but am not quite ready to yet) but I would not trade one tear, one heart ache or one treatment for this miracle to have happened exactly when it did..yes, I would do it ALL over again! Because it was a long journey to baby Brown, we feel more excited, appreciative and full of "bliss" than we ever have before! It has made this baby and this entire experience that much more special.
Speaking of this experience, pregnancy, has finally hit the "honeymoon" phase! Because I am already almost 15 weeks (Tuesday to be exact) I will quickly sum up the past 14 weeks.
NEVER have I..... (these are all BLISSFUL never's)
~ felt more exhausted...Chris is happy to have conscience wife now and one that is not a zombie!
~ hated food SO much! I never got sick, but I found myself dry heaving to the porcelain Gods and hating every single piece of food except for my latest craving (see below!) I even hated cheese (which is SO not me!). Chris is happy now to have a wife that likes to cook again and one who won't make him eat dinner in the other room or throw away dinner!
~ been more emotional/moody. I can cry with the best of them for no reason (or at commercials) and want to bite someones head off all at the same time. Again, sorry to my dear husband who has embraced all of this!
~been more forgetful or spacey. Yes, those of you who do know me know that this is typically a norm for me, but I feel (with all my other feelings) this is intensified
~ witnessed more changes with my body (visible and not visible) within such a short period of time..I won't share ANY more, those that have been preggo before know what I am talking about!
~ used the bathroom so much! I use to be able to go the entire day without going, but yet I go all the time now!
~ driven more careful or felt more protective/worried for a life I am in charge of
~craved fruit or fruit juice as much as I do now. I go through a gallon a week!
~ felt more excited and blessed..words can not describe my happiness, feeling of joy and appreciation right now
~ been more in love with my husband..he deserves an entire post which is soon to come, but lets just say he is my rock!

That about sums it up. And after taking the road it took to get here I have loved every second of being pregnant...even the nauseated, exhausted and moody moments! These past almost 15 weeks have been filled with excitement and joy as we have had 4 ultrasounds (pictures and explanations to come later!), celebrations with friends and family (my students included, their reactions to come later too!), nights of laying in bed for hours looking at name books and dreaming of our little bambino and everything we want for him/her, and everything in between. Although I am not officially a "mom" yet, I find myself so in love with someone I have yet to meet and already so protective/worrisome for this little being that already fills our lives with love. I would say this miracle has changed our lives already for the better and we can not wait to see what is to come.

I am excited to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy and I hope this is a place where I can reflect and share it with you. Bump pictures and updates to come! I promise the rest of my posts will not be this long (or I will try!).

1 comment:

  1. YIPPEE! How exciting that one of my best friends AND loyal PERKS followers has started her own virtual scrapbook :) I'm in love already...and PROMISE, you'll be so glad you did this! Kristin-I seriously couldn't not be MORE thrilled for you and Chris to experience parenthood-not only will you be amazing at it, but you both deserve all the happiness it will bring!! Can't wait to keep reading! Love you. -Linz

    ReplyDelete