Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy 1 Month Morgan!























Happy 1 month my sweet little girl. It is hard to believe you are already a month old. I was warned that once you were here time would go by fast, but I truly had no idea. And I probably still have no idea just how fast time is going to go. It is weird, in ways it feels like just yesterday we were in the hospital getting ready to meet you; and in other ways it feels as if we have had you in our lives forever. It is amazing how quickly we forgot what life was like before you. All I do know is you are the most wonderful, amazing and incredible thing that has ever happened to us and each night I thank the dear Lord for blessing our lives with you. You truly are a gift. I can not describe how much we love you...words simply will not do it. It is a love that runs deep and just grows each day..even though it seems each day I can not love deeper than I do. I can not imagine life without you and each day I wake up so excited just to see your face, smell you, kiss your cheeks and drink up every second of each day with you. Here are some of the things I have learned about you in the past 4 weeks..

1. You are a sweet baby. You are a great sleeper but you go into a very deep sleep and will sleep for hours on end when you are on our chest. You curl up and fall sound asleep. You even drool and snore on our chest. Sometimes in the mornings after your dad feeds you before he goes to work, he will put you on my chest and we will spend our mornings lazy in bed and it is me who will eventually wake you to get our day started.

2. Going along with being sweet, you love to snuggle. You rarely fuss and when you do, if I just snuggle you a little closer you instantly stop.

3. You love your sleep! You sleep ALL. THE. TIME. I know newborns all sleep, but you are very sleepy. You are often awake and social in the mornings for about 2 to 3 hours (3 if I am lucky) and in the evening for about a hour, maybe 2. At night we put you down between 10 and 11 and you will sleep until about 3 and then go back to sleep after eating until about 7 then you will sleep until I wake you, usually around 930 or 10...depending on our day. The other night you slept through the whole night..8 and a half hours! I know it was a fluke..but impressive for a 4 week old! Thank you for being such a good sleeper!! It makes me nervous for your brother or sister next as you are SO good.

4. Going along with being so good, we are bias and I am a proud mom, but you really are so good. People always ask me, "is she always that good?" and you are! You are so pleasant. When you are awake you are bright eyed and just love to look around and when you are asleep you are so peaceful. Like I said before, you rarely cry. You fuss sometimes when we change your diaper but usually I can distract you with talking to you. And sometimes if you want to be cuddled a little more you will fuss some but it is an easy fix and it really is rare when you cry. In fact, it is so rare that when you do cry hard, your dad and I freak out and it makes us so sad to see your tears!

5. You love to eat! Right now you eat every 3 hours and you eat 3 to 4 ounces. We have a good routine down.
6. You are still in newborn clothes and diapers. You are a tiny peanut. I know you have gotten bigger, but you are still little and your dad and I talk about how we wish we could keep you this size forever all the time. Although you have SO many cute 0-3 month clothes, I am excited for you to wear them. We go to the pediatrician Thursday, so I will add your stats!

7. Speaking of clothes your closet and dresser drawers are literally over flowing and you have an absurd amount of headbands and over sized bows. I know someday you will hate me for them, but I think they are cute :). You also probably are the best dressed little girl..or at least in our family. Your dad and I both love to shop for you...shh, don't tell him I told you that. In fact, we went to Easton the other weekend and he spent his gift card on you and today he came home from work with a bag full of clothes for you to celebrate your 1 month birthday. You have an abundant amount of bloomers with ruffles on the butt, jumpers, dresses, and clothes that I would even wear but are your size! You have been so spoiled by so many people. We are so lucky to have so many friends and family that love you so much.

8. You already are a daddy's girl. He is wrapped around your little finger, that is for sure. He calls a few times during the day to ask about you and the second he walks through the door he can not wait to get his hands on you. He already plays around with you but he loves to snuggle with you. He helps dress you and does so much for you. He gets up at night, cleans bottles, changes diapers, bathes, and does everything for you. He lights up when he sees you and loves taking pictures of you and just spending all his free time with you. He is so proud and such a good daddy. He was meant to have a daughter and meant to have you. Although I am thinking he will be very soft on you when you are a teenager..with the exception of when it comes to boys. Sorry Morgan, you will never be allowed to date if your dad has a say in it.

9. You love bath time. You fall asleep in it! A true spa girl!

10. You just started cooing. It is an adorable sound that we love to hear.

11. You have a very strong neck and legs. You can hold your head up for short periods of time and you can push your body and scoot with your legs when you are on your belly.

12. You have lots of boyfriends. I have about 8 friends with baby boys so I have lots of pictures of you with little boys. Lots of fun play dates!
13. I love our days together. We often go for walks with Layla and I talk to you the entire time. We also get out and go shopping together, go to lunch and visit friends together. My favorite time though is when it is just you and I at home and we read books, play with toys, do tummy time, talk, sing, dance and just spend girl time together. I look forward to our girly days in the future.

14. You love bright lights, windows and the fan. You stare at them all the time.

15. I love every single thing about you. You are the most beautiful, perfect, sweet and incredible little girl. I can't wait to see what the next month brings!


I still need to post her newborn photos and some other random pictures..in due time, seems as if I am much busier now!

No comments:

Post a Comment