Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Big Half Year Mark!

I can hardly believe I have a 6 month old daughter. Where has the time gone? If the second half of her first year goes by as fast as the first I am terrified to blink! It has been the fastest but the best 6 months of my entire life. Morgan brings us more joy than I ever imagined. The infertility journey and rough pregnancy seems like it was decades ago. They are just distant memories as this little blessing just fills each day with so much love and joy. We are so excited to wake up each day to see her smiling face and just soak up every second with her as she is such a joy and so much fun!

Eating


You are still sort of a finicky eater. You eat anywhere from 5 to 6 oz and about every 3 hours. I recently have started to notice you may be going from 5 bottles to just 4. You go to the pediatrician on Friday so we will find out what to do about your feedings. You still love baby food. You love all the fruits. I think apples and pears are your favorite but you love them all. You kick your legs, open your mouth like a little birdie, lean forward and say "mmmmm"...its quite cute! Veggies, you like squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. You did not like green beans or peas. Not surprising!


Sleeping


You still go about 12 hours at night, but sometimes we have to wake you up for early. It is cute how you roll around and rub your eyes as you try to wake yourself up when we get you up. You still fight sleep at night because you just want to play. But as soon as you hit my shoulder you are out. You take 3 naps still. A hour and a half in the morning, 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon and a 30 min. nap in the evening, usually while I cook dinner. If you miss a nap, it is ugly! Girlfriend you love your sleep!


Stats


You are 12 lb 8oz and 24 3/4 inches tall! You are in the 2nd percentile for weight and 5th for height! Your head though is in the whopping 48th percentile, hehe! You are a tiny peanut but very porportionate. And people do still comment on your size but you are developmentally on track and even ahead of the game and very healthy, so we are not worried. In fact, I LOVE that you are so small. I have had the joys of being able to cuddle with a sweet little baby much longer than most and I just love the cuteness of a small baby. But you do have some leg rolls, arm rolls and some under your chin. So there is plenty of chub to love on, its all just porpotunate. You are in size 2 diapers and can wear some 0-3 month but fit best in 3-6 month clothing. You do wear some 6 month but it is still a tad big.


Milestones


- rolling all over the place, both ways


- eating more solids


- sitting up fully on your own


- able to get your knees up and arms up but not at the same time to crawl...I have a feeling you are close


- you show frustration now when you are trying to grab something (you reach for EVERYTHING) but can not reach or can not have. And when you have a toy taken from you


- you love peek-a-boo


- you said "ba ba"


- before "ba ba" your first consonant/vowel combo was "ma ma" which makes my heart melt even though I know its not directed at me


- you now slam your toys to make noise


Peronsality


You are so sweet. You are a snuggler and love to just rest your head on our shoulders or chest, even if you are not tired. You are a ham too, you love attention. Sometimes you grunt just to get daddy or I to notice you if we are not paying you attention. You love to stick out your tounge and you shake your hips in a proud way when you do something you think is neat. You love to laugh and babble. But if you are around new people or a new place you are very quiet and it takes you a while to warm up. You are extremely observant. You take everything in. I have had numerous of people, many strangers, comment on how smart you seem. You always look like you are exploring and trying to figure out new toys or things. You love to play with your toys. You can self entertain. You are just as happy as can be. You rarely cry, love to play and love to snuggle. You are very easy to make smile.


New Friends


This month you met so many new people! You met your Gigi (great grandma in Dayton) and all of my Dayton family! We took a trip down to visit them and they also came up for your baptism! You loved all the comotion from the Savino boys! And sweet Ella and Evy were just so kind to you! Little Michael also thought you were funny! This month you also had a new friend start at CLP. Little baby Ryan! You like to show Ryan you are a big girl. You are gentle but you love to touch him. I think you like to let him know you no longer are the baby! Ryan is 9 weeks, so quite a bit younger than you!!
The biggest and most important people you met finally were your godparents!!! AKA Uncle Kevin and "Aunt" Meryl! You and Uncle Kevin are going to be trouble in your toddler years! You just love him. You laughed and smiled and flirted with him. He loved playing games with you. In fact, the two of you created your own special game, similar to peek a boo kind of, when I tried to put you to bed...he is already fulfilling his uncle duties! You two already have a very special bond and relationship. You also formed a special bond with aunt Meryl. Meryl was in town for a month and it was so special having her here. You two had a blast together! She took such good care of you and helped me out a ton. You two even had a special song you sang together...the bee song! Meryl took you to come eat lunch with me which was so sweet! I was SO excited you finally met these 2 special people in your life and they will only continue to be so very special in your life!



Dearest Morgan,


I can hardly believe you are half a year old! Where has the time gone?! You fill our lives and hearts with so much joy and love. You truly are a blessing! I thank the Lord each day for blessing us with you, you are the best gift and we are so greatful for you! You are such a sweet girl and you are also very silly. You love to laugh and do your grunt laugh. You are very proud of yourself and you think you are just the coolest little girl the way you roll and sit up and stand. I am convinced you want to walk soon the way you always are standing. We are just loving watching your little personaility form each day. We feel as if you are changing daily and growing up so fast! You are such an easy baby and so much fun. We love you more than you will ever know you are and forever will be our little girl! Can't wait to see what the next 6 months bring my sweet angle!


Love,


Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment